"24" is back! (Possible spoilers)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chris R, Jan 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

Just watching the first hour of Season/Series 4 of 24 on the Eastern feed from Rochester FOX.

So far, looks good.

Canadian actress Alberta Watson is playing almost the same character as she did when she was Madeline in the TV version of La Femme Nikita.

Looks like Watson and William Devane are two main characters for this season. Mary Lynn Rajskub is back as Chloe O'Brian .

2. Joe Nino-Hernes

Joe Nino-Hernes Active Member

Yahooooo!! I love this show!!

3. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

What Joe said! :D

Tonight is 2 hours and so is tomorrow! :goodie:

4. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Happy Audiophile

Welcome back Jack. Now he's going to save us from the Turks. :righton:

5. VeeDub

VeeDub Senior Member

Please save us from Chloe.

6. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

Chloe seems much improved from last year. I just love how this show unfolds. Everyone that comes in contact with Jack Bauer is like the unnamed crew member from Star Trek asked to accompany the crew to the surface of a planet. You just know they'll be dead before the end of the show!:)

Interesting scheduling tactic, airing the 1st 4 hours of the season back to back over a 2 day span. But, big fun for us 24 junkies!

7. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

My wife, who used to say she couldn't stand the show, watched both episodes and loved it. She did say, however, that if Jack's daughter shows up she'll stop watching!

John K.

8. Jefhart

Jefhart Senior Member

It's great to have this show back. The two episodes Sunday night were great. Looking forward to two more tonight.

The body count is as high as ever. I just knew when that Ronnie guy went out with Jack he'd end up dead.

Jeff

9. SuperMusicFan2003

SuperMusicFan2003 New Member

First time watching 24 and I loved it.
    I ordered the first 2 seasons on DVD - now if I can get enough money together for Season 3 I'll be set.

10. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Happy Audiophile

Not to worry. They seem to be filling the kidnapping quota without her. :D

11. RDK

RDK Active Member

Well the train crash was in Santa Clarita and Kim now lives in Valencia (just down the road), so I wouldn't count out seeing her this season. ;)

12. Jefhart

Jefhart Senior Member

Seems like they've created a Kim Clone with that young kid's girl friend. She's definitely going to end up in harms way. Maybe Kim will not be necessary this season (Hopefully).

Jeff

13. RDK

RDK Active Member

So anyone wanna take any bets on when Devane and/or his daughter are rescued and/or killed?

At least one of them by episode 8. It's a long season, and don't forget they set off a friggin' A-bomb around hour 8 in Season 2. And then it got good. :laugh:

14. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

A bit of trivia. New Zealand actor Alan Dale who appeared a couple of times previously on 24 as Vice President Jim Prescott is now back as the President. I wonder if the writers will let us in on what happened to President Palmer and his brother. We may be seeing more than just Kim reappear this year.

It was odd to not see Dennis Haysbert in the show, yet he popped up in a couple of TV adverts during the program.

15. grbl

grbl Just Lurking

I'm so excited it's back. I love this show.

16. Jefhart

Jefhart Senior Member

This year's apparently pointless plotline: Driscoll's schizophrenic daughter. Can't see where they're going with this one. Maybe she'll be carried off by Cougers.

Jeff

17. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

I am hopeful that Jack will have to kill Driscoll before the end of the season. This actress may have been good in the La Femme Nakita TV series (I didn't see it so I can't say) but I don't care much for her character or her acting in this show. She seems like a shallow foil intended solely for the purpose of interfering with Jack, and I don't think the addition of her psychotic daughter does much to improve her character. Does everyone suppose we've seen all we're going to see of Lucas Haas (the actor playing Chloe's friend) this season?

18. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat

This is the first time that I have watched 24 ... saw the first 4 hrs ... I'm hooked (but I said that about Lost ... and lost interest after 6 or so episodes ... same with Desperate Housewifes) ... did I miss it or have they not told us what was in the briefcase that they took from the train ...

19. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

The Driscoll character is kind of ridiculous. They probably have a line of people outside of the CTU offices holding up signs saying "Will Extort CTU Director for Work". :)

Regards,

20. RDK

RDK Active Member

Well of course Driscoll is a foil whose purpose is to interfere with Jack. It's that sort of conflict that generates drama. I'll bet that she comes around (or more accurately, we come around to her) as the show develops.

As for Palmer, I heard rumors months ago that Season 4 was all about him and Jack. Doesn't look true so far, but who knows...?

21. Jefhart

Jefhart Senior Member

You didn't miss anything. They haven't told us what's in the briefcase. Possibly radioactive doritos? :)

Jeff

22. pjaizz

pjaizz Forum Resident

24 goes from exciting to bad in one night! Sunday was just phenomenal, Monday was....silly at best. (if you haven't seen Monday night's show...read no further!!!! )

Jack as a convenience store robber?! The new CTU head with a (21st century) schizoid daughter?! A blackmailer gets to waltz into CTU in the heat of the action because she knows some key words?! That's a little much...

I'm a fan all the way, but they really went too far this time.

I'm hoping we get Palmer, Michelle and Tony back in some form. I'm sure we will get explanations along the way (just as it should be).

But Sunday was just flat out spectacular! Those 2 hours just flew by! Loved every minute.

Glad to see so many 24 fans on the forum. Let's enjoy the season together!

23. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

SpyCraft. New 24, MI 5, and Alias

Well, for 24, I said same-old same-old with all the familiar riffs, Jack telling some one to trust me, the poor saps always being told to wait for a CTU team to pick them up, and being abducted or offed before CTU gets there, teenage girls complicating the works, etc.

But a damn sight better than many other programs (of the few) that I watch.

MI 5 is different that 24, but also good.

Whereas Alias, is alas, more execrable than ever, if possible.

24. Steve-oh

Steve-oh Senior Member

Kiefer Sutherland was on Charlie Rose last week and all but confirmed that some of the old cast members are going to appear this season.

25. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

That's not Alan Dale. Alan Dale is on the O.C. now. The new president is the guy who was going to be running against Palmer in the last season, not Palmer's vice-president.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.