2m bronze users...your break in period?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by tim185, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ortofun

Ortofun Well-Known Member

Or.....clean thee records.
    ;)

2. tim185

tim185 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I reckon it is a tad noisy I have to admit , and I am a bit OCD cleaning records.
    Ill look into capacitance, though an RP6 will mean looking elsewhere other than leads.
    I'm hoping a GT sub platter settles noise a bit as its reported to do. Still, I love the sound , the detail thing is my thing as well.

3. dianos

dianos Forum Resident

Definitely! There is no surface noise with my 2M Bronze with clean records. Thing is it picks up so much great details compared to many other cartridges so if you don't have clean records it will play that dirt for you too :)

Ortofun likes this.
  4. Ortofun

This is my experience also :cool:

5. tim185

tim185 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Just to Clarify I mean surface noise, not pops and clicks. It's remarkably how few of those I'm hearing relative to other cartridges.

6. Ortofun

I don't hear surface noise with the Bronze either, but haven't had that issue before anyway.

Only time I have is with dirty records, or worn records, records with the polymers embedded into the record from the sleeve like happens with some or, records manufactured from recycled vinyl (some 80's stuff).

7. GKH

GKH Senior Member

I've had my 2M Bronze for about 3 years. It's mounted on my RP1. In the next couple of weeks, it will be on my new RP6,
    I found the break-in to be gradual through the first few months of ownership. Guessing, I think I might be at around 950 hrs. Could be more... Could be less. Whatever it is; I hear no loss in sound quality from stylus wear. My dealer is going to inspect the stylus when he mounts the Bronze on the RP6. To my ears, the Bronze picks up what is on the record. If the record is quiet, that's what you hear. I love this cartridge, and bought it on the recommendation of the dealer I purchased my Jolida from.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  8. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

One way of breaking it in is remove it firstly. Secondly, do you have a spare hammer?

The advantage is its broken in but the downside of this is that it's absolutely useless and you cant listen to it.

9. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

I was thinking of getting one of these at some point but you're not really selling it all that well!! :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.