3/4 of Jellyfish reunite in 'The Lickerish Quartet'

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by trackstar, Mar 12, 2020.

1. skyblue17

skyblue17 Forum Resident

Oh my gosh! I love Jellyfish, and this is great!

dvcarrick, longdist01 and lightbulb like this.
  2. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

Here's a new trailer for the EP, modeled after the old K-Tel commercials. Now you get to hear a tiny bit of every song on the record.

3. sgtpppr84

sgtpppr84 Forum Resident

I like both Jellyfish albums but these new tracks sound too polished/processed to me.

Doggiedogma and G B Kuipers like this.
  4. parkgrover

parkgrover Forum Resident

I am loving this track....hope they do a physical release LP at some point. I came to the genius of Jellyfish late in the day....great to hear some new stuff by (some) of the members

longdist01 likes this.
  5. BwanaBob

BwanaBob Forum Resident

The music is good but I'm not sold on the vocals....yet.

6. SJB

The video trailer above says there will be a $20 vinyl release. Here's a link to the band's store, including the vinyl record and, for big spenders, a $60 dollar bundle of a signed vinyl record and CD.
    The Lickerish Quartet

longdist01, Hep Alien and parkgrover like this.
  7. Peace N. Love

Peace N. Love Forum Resident

I like the fact that they've already got posters and such. Love the merch.

longdist01 likes this.
  8. SJB

Looking at the band's Facebook page (The Lickerish Quartet ), I see that their drummer is Frankie Siragusa, who is also the current drummer for the Posies.
    [​IMG]
    Lucky sod, working with two of the great '90s power pop groups.

EDIT: Actually, looking at the video on Facebook, it doesn't show Siragusa playing drums, and he's also a producer, so his role in the project isn't entirely clear from the one video. But it seems a reasonable inference that he played the drums since they had him in the room anyway.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    longdist01, Hep Alien and kouzie like this.
  9. southamorican

southamorican Forum Resident

According to the article quoted above, the drummer on the EPs is Jeremy Stacey, of King Crimson (and previously of The Lemon Trees, Chris Robinson & The New Earth Mud, and Neil Gallagher's High Flying Birds).

[​IMG]

10. SJB

That works too! Stacey's credentials check out. It looks like Siragusa is there as a producer/engineer/owner of the studio (the Lab).

longdist01 likes this.
  11. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Thank you for updates and new clips posted.

12. leefarber

leefarber Senior Member

Jeremy Stacey also played with Jason Falkner, thus bringing things farther into the Jellyfish circle. Can't wait for the EP!

willy, southamorican and longdist01 like this.
  13. SJB

Video posted today for a second song, "Fadoodle." I'm about to watch it for the first time...

14. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Thanks for updates, new video and bump in Thread!

15. SJB

Back in 2018, Roger put out an EP, Glamping, that featured some guitar work by Jason Falkner, and engineering by Chris Manning, so three Jellies were involved with that record too. Between that record and this one, the gang's all here except for Andy Sturmer.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    PhoffiFozz, Hep Alien and longdist01 like this.
  16. andres lira

andres lira Forum Resident

Strong Sparks vibe on this one

longdist01 likes this.
  17. Colin Allstations

Colin Allstations Forum Resident

That is a great record. It's such a shame someone has covered Roger's vocals in horrible pitch-correction on this new one. Why?

18. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I was expecting a price for 8-track and cassette at the end, plus an address in the middle of the country where I could send my check or money order.

longdist01 and Hep Alien like this.
  19. SJB

The latest 1970s-style commercial, listing cool "TLQ Experiences" like a recording session with the band:

The list of experiences (with prices) is at The Lickerish Quartet .

20. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

bump to Thread, plus received an email the CD E.P. is in the mail now.

Hep Alien likes this.
  21. SJB

The EP has been released, and they've released the video for the third song. [Edit: I thought that was the whole EP, but I forgot that there's a fourth track, "There Is a Magic Number.")

The video has lyrics and follow-the-bouncing-ball-style guitar chords so you can sing and play along if so inclined.

22. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

This is my favorite song on the EP. I like the whole thing, though. I'm surprised there aren't more people chiming in on this thread. These songs are more melodic than anything else I've heard recently. I figured the old school peeps would love this! I know I do!

23. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

All four tracks are magnificent!

I bought the vinyl, which isn't shipping until next month. But they did send d/l codes...in 192 mp3s. With music so produced and intricate, I would have appreciated it in a high bit rate. But the vinyl will also have instrumental versions (if that hasn't been mentioned yet) that I'm really looking forward to hearing.

longdist01 and Lownote30 like this.
  24. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

Yeah! I wish they were offering the instrumentals in digital! I have the signed EP on the way. Tim is an acquaintance, so I thought it would be funny to have his autograph. I also just want to support them. Roger Manning is a genius to me. Jellyfish -> Imperial Drag -> The Moog Cookbook -> The Lickerish Quartet. Now that's a series of REALLY great projects!

Hep Alien, longdist01 and kouzie like this.
  25. varyat

varyat Forum Resident

Vinyl pre-ordered :righton:

longdist01 and Lownote30 like this.