3/4 of Jellyfish reunite in 'The Lickerish Quartet'

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by trackstar, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Jason has a solo album nearly ready to go. Had to ask him a question about an unrelated thing last year, and to my surprise he wrote a little about the work in progress. He has been busy during that time, including some big TV performances with Beck. But something is coming from him.

Jason had just finished work on this album with Bent van Looy, which had a phenomenal first single. As with their other two productions together, Jason co-wrote a number of the songs, and you can really hear his influence in some of the melodies and production (maybe a little less so on this one, though).

2. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

For those wondering about lead time, I placed my order for the vinyl on June 18th and it arrived today.

I got a marbled purple disc and it's a flawless pressing. Just love these songs.

longdist01 and kouzie like this.
  3. Listened to it Amazon music while waiting for my CD to arrive. A worthy follow up to Jellyfish. Fans should also check out Roger Manning’s solo albums.

Lownote30, Hep Alien and longdist01 like this.
  4. Could be...the whole EP has a 10cc/Queen vibe (a bit more 10cc to my ears but both certainly)

Lonesurf and longdist01 like this.
  5. If you add in the fact of the cost of touring that’s got,to hurt as well. Maybe when things are I- and running again, they can open for Beck. Sure wish that Jason Faulkner was part of this as well but I like what we have here..

longdist01 likes this.
  6. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Yeah it would have been an extra bit of frosting if Jason dropped a few guitar solos on to any of the material...maybe the next couple EP's down road will get something special? Anyway it's all good to see these three back doing some music again!

wayneklein likes this.
  7. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Still spinning the first Vol. 1 CD, and saw RJM Jr. Reissues are coming soon...anyway hear when Vol. 2 CD will be available? Thought the first Press release for TLQ material mentioned about 90 days between releases?

Hep Alien likes this.
  8. Peace N. Love

Peace N. Love Forum Resident

Listened to Fadoodle the other day. I thought it was a little hokey maybe but then I ended up with it stuck in my head the rest of the day. Curse you, Manning, you've bested me again! :)

9. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

a 2020 @Home from back in May!​

Dream Theatre dummer Mike Portnoy w/ his daughter Melody are joined by Roger Joseph Manning Jr. & Jason Falkner together Covering the Jellyfish song...

"I Wanna Stay Home"​

Lownote30, SJP, Hep Alien and 2 others like this.
  10. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

There's now a video for "There Is a Magic Number," which I believe puts all the EP songs on YouTube. I say "songs" rather than "tracks" because this is a new, semi-acoustic performance of the song, not the version on the record.

Lownote30, longdist01 and Hep Alien like this.
  11. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

EVOLVIST, willy, longdist01 and 2 others like this.
  12. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Great, thank you @yesstiles for sharing the find...looking forward to more music also from the Quartet into ROctober!

yesstiles likes this.
  13. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

a track Sneak preview from Vol. 2 by The Lickerish Quartet... Snollygoster Goon

Lownote30, Hep Alien and Groovy like this.
  14. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

Well it's about damn time.

Lownote30 and longdist01 like this.
  15. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

16. I like the music, but . . . I may have nightmares involving this video clip.

Lownote30 likes this.
  17. willy

willy hooga hagga hooga

yesstiles and longdist01 like this.
  18. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

Excited about this!!!! I loved the first EP, and I expect this one to be totally different, but just as good.

longdist01 likes this.
  19. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

I wonder if they're going to sell the dolls in the video that look like them.

20. Lownote30

Okay. It seems this group can't disappoint me. I love the new tune and am looking forward to the second EP. Eric Dover is awesome with the lead vocals on the new tune, but I expect that. He's an awesome rock singer!

longdist01 and SJB like this.
  21. Deano6

Deano6 Forum Resident

Love it! Great song.

Lownote30 and longdist01 like this.
  22. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

The LQ certainly has a hell of a streak going so far. Part of me hopes it's a one-off project so they can never decline and disappoint us later on. But another part of me wants them to be required to keep writing and recording in perpetuity.

longdist01, Lownote30 and Hep Alien like this.
  23. Lownote30

The plan is to just release 3 EPs, but I've heard touring mentioned more recently. Only if it's done right, though, according to Manning.

longdist01 likes this.
  24. Lownote30

Pre-order is up for the second EP now. I put in my order as soon as I saw it.

longdist01 likes this.
  25. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

I couldn't see the track list on the U.S. site but the U.K. one has them:

Side A

1. Do You Feel Better?
    2. Sovereignty Blues
    3. The Dream That Took Me Over
    4. Snollygoster Goon

Side B

Instrumental versions.

[​IMG]