30-disc studio & live box coming from Gentle Giant

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by spice9, Nov 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trainspotting

Trainspotting Senior Member

No, I figured I'd save that for last since it contains some upmixes. Wilson couldn't find all the multis for all of those songs.

2. Just and FYI, the CD set I Lost My Head Includes Civilian and can still be had pretty cheap: Gentle Giant - I Lost My Head - The Chrysalis Years (1975-1980)

JediJoker likes this.
  3. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Another FYI: grab the Steven Wilson discs while you can, as many of the other projects he has worked on have gone OOP!

JediJoker likes this.
  4. Trainspotting

He's gonna do more GG soon.

JediJoker likes this.
  5. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Yeah? Which ones, and any idea on when they will be released?

(I already have 3 Piece, Octopus, Power & Glory and the big box, of course!)

6. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

Freehand should be coming later this year. Interview and The Missing Piece will likely follow in 2021.

I'm still hoping for a miracle with In A Glass House and Acquiring The Taste.

7. Trainspotting

Question answered above. Derek confirmed this in an interview a while back. Too bad they can't find all the multis for Acquiring the Taste and Three Friends...

JediJoker likes this.
  8. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

Where is this still available?

9. giantleech

10. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Thanks for that. Aren't the multis also missing for Glass House?

DVD version

https://www.amazon.de/Power-Glory-5-1-Steven-Wilson/dp/B00KKXKQVK/

Gentle Giant Power & the Glory (Steven Wilson Mix) [Import] on DeepDiscount

Gentle Giant Power & the Glory (Steven Wilson Mix) [Import] United Kingdom - Import, NTSC Region 0 on ImportCDs

Blu-Ray version

Gentle Giant: The Power And The Glory (5.1 & 2.0 Steven Wilson Mix) (CD + Blu-ray) (1 CD und 1 Blu-ray Disc) – jpc (maybe?)

https://www.amazon.co.jp/Gentle-Giant/dp/B01K8LHYCC/ (3rd party, ships from OR)

11. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Oops, didn't notice the back order status for Deep Discount/ImportCDs!

12. The Czar

The Czar New Member

Wayside music still has 5.1 power and glory and Octopus

13. The Czar

The Czar New Member

The fact that Steve Wilson keeps on doing these 5.1 versions is a good reason for me not to get the box set because that means with the Alucard and DRT remasters I would have three to four versions of each album. I don't need another box set with all of them

14. The Czar

The Czar New Member

I would get the 5.1 of octopus before it goes out of print because once the 5.1 goes out of print the only way you're going to be able to get it is in the secondary Market. Just like the Marillion stuff, once that goes out of print it only gets reprinted as a single disc stereo version

mark winstanley likes this.
  15. giantleech

Yeah, only interested in the Blue-ray version (I should have been more specific.)

I can't tell if the German company still has copies physically available and damned if I can make heads or tails out of the information in that Amazon link. :help:

16. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Germany

"Delivery time is at least 4 weeks (if available from our supplier)"

So, unclear. You could shoot them an email: [email protected]

Japan

Only 1 left in stock, order soon.

Ships from and sold by thurmanbooks. Ships from OR, United States.

Next to the search box, click the Japanese flag and switch to English.

17. The Czar

The Czar New Member

If you are in the US, wayside music is great. And they specify it has the 5.1. Amazon is only the single disc I believe.

18. giantleech

They appear to have the DVD-A version and not the Blu-ray version, though. I gots to have that (elusive) Blu-ray version.

19. Dok

Dok Senior Member

20. giantleech

21. Dok

Dok Senior Member

PM coming.

22. old school

old school Senior Member

Gentle Giant were never successful in the UK which is a shame but had a cult following in parts of the EU and the USA and Canada. The respect for their music has really gained steadily over the years and rightfully so. I had a hunch the box set would sell out fast with the growing appeal of them as a truly great band and finally getting their due. Saw them live in 1973 hands down one of the best concerts I ever attended. Their album In A Glass House was never released in the United States back in 1973 but sold over a 150,000 copies as a import which is quite remarkable back in the day. So I’m elated the box sold out so quickly. And glad I wasted no time buying the box set.

23. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

My dad got me into them at a young age. He got into them when he lived in Montreal as like you said they had quite a fan base here in Canada. The box is a beautiful set and I only wish my Dad were still alive so I could have bought it for him.

24. old school

old school Senior Member

You’re Dad had great taste! Sorry for your loss. Yeah, Montreal was and is a great town for progressive rock. My Father was born in London Ontario in 1915 and emigrated to Detroit in the 1920s.

noname74 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.