35DP-4 on eBay ( Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here )

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by darkmatter, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

He's not a Pink Floyd collector, from my lengthy (as much as possible!) discussions with him.

And, god bless you fumi for restoring the eye-candy! ;)

2. mark f.

mark f. Senior Member

But who is it????????

:angel:

3. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

its a little worrying that he has the same CDs as the last Italian seller including the 32DP with OBI of WYWH and TFC..remember, the ones which were removed?????????????

here is all that remains of that auction in the thread thread
    http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=136233&highlight=35dp

However, the last one was far to white looking and the Compact Disc logo was too small compared to an orginal..this latest one at least has the pale yellow cover and the correct sized logo.

4. rburly

It looks similar to me and could have been photoshopped.

It IS strange that the red obi WYWH was being sold as well...:sigh:

5. fumi

fumi Forum Resident

Rick,

The current seller is not a collector of Pink Floyd. However, as I mentioned, he did buy all of the current items for sale from an Italian collector who had owned them for many years (probably since their original release).

As I explained via pm, the issue is not that he has these items - it is that a buyer may not receive what is advertised.

That's the advice I have received from another collector who knows the original owner but is suspicious of the current seller.

6. mark f.

mark f. Senior Member

Fumi's avatar, of course.:D

7. mark f.

mark f. Senior Member

We could talk about this auction for a long time but nothing would convince me to bid for any amount of money. Nothing about it seems right. If the seller had a long-standing reputation on eBay things would be different.

8. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

I wonder why an italian Collector who had owned them for many years, would not know the value of these items:confused:

Presumably, the guy selling (who isn't a floyd collector) knows more about their real worth than the original collector. Which seems odd.

9. Some big red flags right there if you ask me. Caveat emptor..

10. fumi

fumi Forum Resident

No. according to my contact, the original owner sold all of the items at the same time for an incredible amount of money to the guy who is currently selling them. The original owner has been a Floyd collector for many years and did not wish to part with the items. However, he was made an offer that was too good to refuse.

neither my contact or the original owner (who have known each other for years) thought the current seller would sell them on so quickly (within days).
    They can vouch that the items they sold were originals but they do not know this current seller and are suspicious of his motives.

Darren - check pm. :)

11. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Jesus, the bid is at $2991. I paid less than that for a RT ticket to London, 2 nights at a 4-star hotel and a ticket to Live 8 to see the reunited Pink Floyd actually play Wish You Were Here! Of course, I can't resell that experience . . . .

And I repeat that if I were paying $3000+ for a CD, I would take the trip to Italy and inspect it before paying.

12. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

Good work Fumi,

There is a real possibility then that if this seller paid SOOOO much money for the Cds, that he could actually make a loss if it only goes for €2001

13. fumi

fumi Forum Resident

maybe. But in the lsat few minutes I think it will go over the reserve. Depends on how much someone wants it.

14. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

I'm wondering what the reserve might be on the Final Cut..if it was say €400..that might actually be a reasonable price

15. HiFi Guy 008

HiFi Guy 008 Forum Resident

Bidding ended at
    "EUR 1,900.00
    (approximately US $2,991.36)
    Reserve not met"

Reserve not met?

16. rburly

The "item" wasn't sold.

He had a $3160.24 Reserve set. If no one bids that amount, not sold.

17. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

Rick, how did you find out what his reserve was?

Can he not still contact high bidder and make the sale? Like Second Chance offer?

18. The Great One

The Great One formerly known as SCARSE

Did anyone else push the price up? (besides his mates)

19. mark f.

mark f. Senior Member

He can still sell it to any bidder through eBay. Sellers using a reserve have that option.

20. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

so a total anti-climax, watch for more of the same, same bat time, same bat channel...;)

21. The Great One

and sell it to his brother?? :D

22. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

Errrr...that might be Rick and I, we both took it up to €1900...but no further :unhunh:
    Don't ask why...

23. rburly

Paul, not to sound like a smart-***, but I messaged him on eBay. About the third time I asked "What is the Reserve?" His message back "2.000 Euros".

I suppose he can offer it to a bidder or put it up with a more reasonable Reserve. Actually, I told him that I didn't think that he'd sell it with a Reserve that high, sort or like PMing someone here to a seller who has too high of a price on CDs. We'll see what he does.

24. The Great One

and if he'd lowered the reserve price to your high bid? would this have caused you to lose controls of your bowels?

25. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

Changes cannot be made once a bid has been placed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.