3rd-Party LP Grading Service

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by n.phelge, Mar 15, 2023.

1. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident Thread Starter

Similar to what CGC provides for trading cards, but not something I would use (even if it wasn’t $50 per album) since the encapsulation means you can’t play it, but maybe of benefit to some high-end dealers: Tuned In Grading

2. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Would only be of benefit if they become respected and trustworthy in their ability to grade correctly, which is going to be difficult.

However, since people have mostly lost their minds when it comes to this hobby, I wouldn't be surprised if people latch onto this and it becomes a thing. :)

3. johnt23

johnt23 Forum Resident

4. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

Gross. Shill grading companies have completely ruined the vintage video game collecting hobby, they better stay away from vinyl.

kevinkasson likes this.
  5. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

It's crazy what those graded games are going for. Same goes for VHS/betamax tapes.

6. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

Honestly I think most of it is fake sales. The companies just selling things to themselves at insanely high prices to try to make it actually worth something. All of my friends who are actually part of those hobbies think it’s all a joke and none of them are buying any of it.