4 colour print/Newsprint/Vintage Comic Thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Exotiki, Jul 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be Thread Starter

in this new age of glossy pure white card-stock, digital illustration, infinite print colours and infinite colour definition.

Can I say that I am absolutely in love with 4 colour half tones and newsprint.

I have quite the collection of 60-80s comics and I have a deep rooted appreciation for the tactile feel of these books. (Might post scans later)

Am I crazy? What is your experience with 4 colour, newsprint and analog printing as a whole?

EdgardV likes this.
  2. eeglug

eeglug Senior Member

For me I guess it's nostalgia and perhaps a preference for the warmth of the look of it. It's similar (I guess) to a perceived preference for analog warmth in audio. I stopped collecting comics in the early 80s and one reason was the look of comics after improvements in color reproduction. All of a sudden it was possible to render really saturated hot pinks and other garish colors and it seemed to me that many comics went overboard in including the new colors in the artwork. I didn't like that change. I guess over time the novelty of it all corrected itself in the art but by then I had moved on to other pursuits.

Exotiki likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.