$400 for a Joe Walsh CD? Is this for real?

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by JBStephens, Nov 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBStephens

JBStephens I don't "like", "share", "tweet", or CARE. In Memoriam Thread Starter

2. www.records

www.records Active Member

Check out the rest of his auctions. He would probably sell you all of it for 100 gabzillion dollars. Plus shipping of course.

He does have some nice stuff, but I have no idea where he came up with those prices.

3. RTurner

RTurner Senior Member

This is the seller who looks at the crazy prices of MyMusicF*** and doubles them. I think they must have some bet going on between them to see if anyone would actually bite. As Don McLean once said in a song, "The more you pay The more it's worth"

:crazy::crazy:

4. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Checked the recently completed listings - total sales - 3 Elvis LP's, 0 CD's

Not a shock!!

5. houston

houston Forum Resident

I paid $6 for an almost new Joe Walsh "target" cd....and I would have passed on it at $7 :winkgrin:

6. RTurner

RTurner Senior Member

We can never give in to this gross overvaluation of records and cd's. This abomination is based upon the premise that these are all scarce and there are no more to be found or had, except at extreme prices. Fortunately, commercially released music is released in quantity, so there are always other options. Might take a while, but you will eventually find what you're looking for at a reasonable price with few exceptions. Those exceptions can usually justify their price for their legitimate rarity. A couple of lp's that I wanted but wouldn't pay obscene prices for, which I found recently:
    Yardbirds - Little Games Stereo copy in EX condition $15.00
    Buckingham Nicks Also in Ex condition $6.00
    Best OF The Doobies DCC Gold CD $35.00
    All were in bins of popular record stores - sometimes Ebay pricing can distort the reality of what items are worth and how 'rare' they really are.

Never surrender!!!

:edthumbs::edthumbs:

7. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

use "rare" on everything listed on ebay, its instantly collectible and a must have. :)

hyper rare is even better to use and surely gets you a sale.

8. Curiosity

Curiosity Just A Boy

:agree: "Rare Beatles Parlophone CD"
    I seldom pay more than $35 for anything and do okay. You just have to hunt around a bit more.

9. It only costs a nickel to list the item right now so not much ventured and nothing gained is the case and for that nickel you can reduce the price later on. I can't imagine that clown ever sells anything but foolish things sometimes happen with eBay. If we start a thread on all overpriced music as far as eBay asking price, this forum would be overburdened quickly.

Chris

10. JBStephens

JBStephens I don't "like", "share", "tweet", or CARE. In Memoriam Thread Starter

But a "rare steak" is still the same price as well-done. Go figure.

Attached Files:

11. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

Given that MusicFix charges 3X market, this makes Roundabout 6X market. :rolleyes:

12. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

What's up with all those "still sealed" MFSL CDs for like $800 each... with no J cards. Not like they came that way new.

13. eelkiller

I bought many Mofi CD's sealed without J Cards. Those cards came later on in the Ultradisc series IIRC.

14. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

It is ultradiscs I'm talking about, not the silver disks.

15. eelkiller

I meant later in the Ultradisc series. The first Gold CD's issued IIRC did not come with J Cards.

16. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

I found this disc at a record show once and passed on it. It's not that I didn't have the $8.00 the seller wanted but I did have a limited amount of cash and this title didn't make the cut.

17. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

It IS a nice sounding disc. The fact that it's sealed does'nt make it worth that much more though. Sheesh.

18. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

This is not surprising. Look at what eBay sellers are trying to get these days for sealed gold discs. The vast majority of them just sit there. By attaching a high price, the sellers are trying to make the discs appear to be rarer than they actually are and, therefore, prey upon the gullible and otherwise uninformed.

19. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

I wonder what he'd charge for a "Ringo" DCC, $4,000?

20. KennyG

KennyG Forum Resident

I am starting to see that now in my niche area of CD collecting, early Abba CDs. Here's a good example:

Agnetha Faltskog - Eyes of A Woman Polydor

The current price is over $80. It's not even remotely rare - that pressing was in print well into the 1990s.

Meanwhile, I got a rarer first edition a few days ago on eBay for $7.

I've only recent started trading on eBay again a few weeks ago after a long absence and I'm shocked at the number of sharks that are charging vastly inflated prices for CDs.

That said, I wish the prices were true as I'd be able to afford a very long holiday while Keith would be a millionaire!! :laugh:

21. mrbillswildride

mrbillswildride Internet Asylum Escapee 2010, 2012, 2014

My God...

He did not even capitalize the O in Original... :eek:

obviously an amateur... :shake:

'This auction is for a Joe Walsh MFSL CD TITLED "Barnstorm", #MFCD777 stereo. This is the original Master Recording version. It is a silver CD produced and distributed by MFSL, Inc. It is still factory sealed in mint condition. This CD is extremely rare to find factory sealed. It is long out of print and just about impossible to find.'

I also think an honest seller would qualify that last sentence at the end with the word "find-sealed."

Not 'just about impossible' to find the opened cd, really...:agree:

But who said he was honest? :sigh:

:cheers:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.