$5.00 Bin At Walmart (1/26/12)

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Yeah, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeah

Yeah Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Today I picked up the BeeGees' 'Main Course' and Andrew Gold's 'Best Of'.
    Lots of interesting stuff and filled to the brim.

2. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Our local Best Buy has (had?) a $5 bin with some great deals, too.

melstapler likes this.
  3. boots

boots Chokma!

Our Wal-mart took out all but 5ft of it's music isle, can you imagine country, mexican, rock & easy listening jammed into that small space? :shake:

4. Jack Son #9 Dream

Jack Son #9 Dream lofi hip hop is good

Main Course in the $5 bin at Wal-Mart?

I know where I'll be tomorrow. :D

5. signothetimes53

signothetimes53 Senior Member

I bought 4 $5 titles this week at Wally World:

Sixpence None The Richer "Top Ten"

Patty Loveless "Sleepless Nights" (it's wonderful!)

Gladys Knight & The Pips hits compilation

Rascals "Very Best of" on Rhino

The Gladys Knight is weird: very thin, tinny, low-volume transfer "Grapevine", followed by other songs that sound normal.

6. bare trees

bare trees Senior Member

Two weeks ago, I was in the local WalMart. I bought the first KISS CD for $5.00 CDN as well as a Springsteen 2-Pack containing Greetings and The Wild, The Innocent, The E Street Shuffle for $12.00 CDN.

7. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

It's actually only 4ft.

8. OnTheRoad

OnTheRoad Not of this world

I bought 2 ($5) over the last few months there,

Van Halen II
    ZZ Top - Rio Grande Mud

9. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

I buy lots of CDs from the $5 at Wal-Mart.

10. igoew

igoew Forum Resident

I got zz top Deguello(sounds great) and a couple of little feat cds last time i went.

11. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Did you bring a tape measure? :D

melstapler likes this.
  12. Last time picked up Who's Next, and because I'm in Canada, you know which one. :righton:

13. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

I just came home with 4 Jeff Beck titles. :thumbsup:

Michael Bohannon likes this.
  14. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

I always peruse the cut out rack in my local supermarket...yes, supermarket! I found the 2 CD Natalie Merchant best of there, limited edition cloth book packaging, for $5 not too long ago. Lots of Sony stuff there too.

FYE had some of the Rhino Definitive Collection 2 CD sets with notches cut out (like the good old days!) for $5 as well. I saw the Drifters and Average White Band at that price.

Now I just need some time to dig through the bin at Wally-World.

15. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

Today at Best Buy I picked up The Ohio Players Honey, Skin Tight, and Marvin Gaye's Here, My Dear.

Boy, was I glad I decided to stop by there for no good reason on my way to work tonight!

16. fergojisan

fergojisan Atari 2600 Gadabout

Standard retail shelf length, methinks.

I was at WalMart the other day, and two women were loading up the $5 bin. Stuff was falling everywhere so I gave up rooting through it.

17. bluej

bluej Senior Member

I got a copy of Deep Purple's Machine Head at Wal-Mart the the other day for $5. This past weekend I also got Rhino's Tommy James and the Shondells' The Essentials for $5 at Target. Good, cheap stuff!

-Simon (bluej's son)

18. Well Wisher

Well Wisher Forum Resident

The bins at Best Buy are hard to go through - at some point you just give up. But there are some good items in there if you dig! Rush, Tom Petty, etc.

19. 905

905 Senior Member

My Walmart had many different titles the other day, so I guess I have to search through the bin more often. More of the Monkees (recent CD without bonus tracks) a couple Jim Croce albums, early Madonna which I got and now like very much) etc...

Between Best Buy and Walmart, I got all the Rush studio albums from the 70s and 80s and the first four Madonna albums for a great price.

20. vinyl diehard

vinyl diehard Two-Channel Forever

HMV has the Tragically Hip back catalog CDs out for 5.00 bucks a pop. A good way to fill in my missing albums.:thumbsup:

21. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

It's a treasure bin of first pressings. I picked up ZZ Top Tejas, Glen Campbell Best of the Early Years curb compilation, James Taylor Sweet Baby James, and Little Feat Dixie Chicken. The prices are great and there are lots of titles to choose from.

22. andy749

andy749 Senior Member

Saw Black Sabbath 4 in a Walmart $5 bin...picked up the Andrew Gold, a couple Alice Coopers, a couple ZZ Tops, I think I saw Little Feat's Sailin' Shoes... Linda Ronstadt's Heart Like A Wheel...there is some good stuff in it.

23. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

I saw Petty's Full Moon Fever sitting at the top of the Wal-Mart $5 bin and snatched it up as I was walking by. I would have dug around some more but the wife and kids were waiting in the car.

24. I also picked up Full Moon Fever, Dixie Chicken, and Deep Purple's Machine Head in the last few weeks.

25. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I haven't checked out Wal-Mart, but Barnes & Noble has a $4.99 bin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.