$5.00 Bin At Walmart (1/26/12)

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Yeah, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimC

JimC Senior Member

I had that doubletake moment tonight. I went for the $5 Curb Glen Campbell (sounds great :righton:) and there was a 2011 Rhino More of the Monkees for $5. Almost bought but I have the deluxe so, nah. But that was a surprise. Only Monkees I saw besides Flashback and Rhino GH.

Saw similar discs as other posters: Madonna remasters, Styx, Spirits Having Flown, Petty -- but there was a plaid back Neil Diamond, the album with "Holy Holly." I have a feeling this could get even better.

2. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

The great thing is new titles keep showing up in here (at least at best buy).

I live in northern VA where my local Walmart has had a pretty crummy selection, but the one in W.Va I went to a month back had a great selection in their bins.

3. Baba Oh Really

Baba Oh Really Certified "Forum Favorite"

Has WalMart finally done away with it's Christian/Gospel section??

4. anthontherun

anthontherun Forum Resident

If you don't see something in the bin, it doesn't hurt to check where the artist falls alphabetically within the main CD section. That's where I found my copy of Main Course. Also got Children of the World and will keep an eye out for Spirits Having Flown...

BTW, are the performances on the Monkees' Extended Versions disc identical to the Live Summer Tour 2001 disc?

5. Baba Oh Really

Baba Oh Really Certified "Forum Favorite"

Wal Mart always has the BEST deals on the Elvis "Legacy" series CD's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

They still have the Christian/Gospel section.

7. JimC

JimC Senior Member

:agree: that's where I picked up most of mine.

8. *Zod*

*Zod* Forum Resident

I tend to see the same titles in the walmart bin.....go and check out Barnes and Noble...I was pretty impressed with the budget selection compared to years back. Times have changed.

9. fergojisan

fergojisan Atari 2600 Gadabout

I saw both of these this morning in the Walmart bin, weird. :)

I got Moving Pictures, Paranoid, Machine Head, An Innocent Man, Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits Vol 3, and a Tommy James comp. I need to stay away from Walmart.

10. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

How are thoae Deep purple cd's ? they sound okay ?

11. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

Deep Purple Machine Head is the standard WB cd pressing from the 80's. It sounds really great, very vinyl-like and not futzed with (lots of tape hiss).

12. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I picked up James Taylor GORILLA & Aretha Franklin LADY SOUL today!

13. Col Kepper

Col Kepper Well-Known Member

I picked up one of the S.O.U.L. albums only to discover that these were live albums. Yuck!

14. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Sweet!! thanks for the tip ! gonna have to grab that next trip over :righton:

15. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

The Lady Soul cd is a bit loud, however, it is very natural sounding. It is a warm and analog-sounding cd.

16. howlinrock

howlinrock Forum Resident In Memoriam

I bought the Rhino Very Best of the Rascals today $5 having the only Ultimate WB version that Barry Diament did. This has the great sounding mono tracks.

17. JimC

JimC Senior Member

Looks as if I'll be down another fiver if I can find that one. Such details about mono mixes are much appreciated. :cheers:

18. npc210

npc210 Forum Resident

Found Black Sabbath Vol. 4 and Mob Rules in my local store's bin but passed. The Warner CD masters aren't well regarded here, right?

19. sbsugar

sbsugar Representing Benton County since 2010

Speaking of plaid back Neil Diamond - saw "Touching You, Touching Me" in the $5 bin earlier today. Just seem weird to see those new in stores.

NJB

20. JimC

JimC Senior Member

That's the one I saw (with "Holly Holy" to correct my earlier mistake). It is strange indeed to see these. They've been piled in a warehouse somewhere all these years? What ELSE is squirreled away waiting for the call to $5 Wal-Mart bins. :eek:

21. BradOlson

I searched for T. Rex on Walmart.com and they have the repressed 1980s CD of "Electric Warrior" on the site for $5, and the site claims that many stores have it. Even though I have this CD, if any of you find it at a Wal-Mart, please post this anyway.

22. sbsugar

sbsugar Representing Benton County since 2010

Picked up "Gorilla" by James Taylor, and saw Led Zeppelin "Presence". Never thought I'd see Zep in a bargain bin, but if there was an album of theirs that would qualify, that would be it.

NJB

23. BradOlson

I saw Presence in the $5 bin at my local Wal-Mart as well.

24. I've been looking for that one and haven't seen it at multiple locations.

25. BradOlson

Here you go if you want Electric Warrior for $5 at Wal-Mart. http://www.walmart.com/ip/19592571

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.