$560 for a used Budgie??

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by VinylHI, May 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bob_32_116

bob_32_116 Forum Flaneur

If you think you paid too much for your Budgie, at least you can be fairly sure it was not smuggled.

2. hfarrior3

hfarrior3 Worst pressing ever ...

How much are these going for nowadays? I bought mine just a few months before he discontinued them.

3. honestabe316

honestabe316 Analog Rebel

Just bought my second one for $440

hfarrior3 likes this.
  4. hfarrior3

hfarrior3 Worst pressing ever ...

I guess the fervor over them has died down. I know right after he discontinued them there seemed to be a rush of people looking for them. I'm happy with mine, looking at all the different functions of the Puffin makes my head hurt.

mike catucci likes this.
  5. honestabe316

honestabe316 Analog Rebel

They seem to always sell when one gets posted and always above original mrsp.

I started with a budgie 3 years ago.... soon after bought a Puffin which i switched back and forth with the budgie between my technics SL-1600 and my Clearaudio performance dc turntables.

Next I moved up to a Rogue Ares Magnum. Then came my divorce last February and I ended up selling All 3 over the course of the 2020 year. So when I was ready to get back into the game last month, I decided to get a budgie again. Honestly, I could have gotten another Rogue Ares but I remembered that the little wall wart powered budgie was not too much less wonderful sounding than the Rovue which cost 9 times as much.

When I'm ready to upgrade again i want a decware ZP3 or a Tavish Adagio.... The Allnic H-1202 is my dream but a bit more than I want to spend.

mike catucci and hfarrior3 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.