6 Three Blind Mice reissues out of Japan

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Michael Renwick, Mar 10, 2022.

1. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

Received the 4 I ordered from HMV Japan (all but Girl Talk and Misty since I own early japanese pressings of those already). So far have cleaned and spun Unicorn and Blue City. Both are excellent. Flat, clean, centered. If they are from digital, I can't tell. Really happy with these. I thought that all my Dusty Groove preorders got cancelled but then ended up sending Unicorn and Midnight Sugar so those will probably be off to a friend.

I'm not really sure what happened with Dusty Groove...they cancelled some of my preorders pretty soon after I ordered and others who preordered after me still got theirs. The HMV ones worked out to be slightly cheaper anyway even with shipping from japan (it was $180 shipped for 4 albums from HMV).

bruinuclafan likes this.
  2. bruinuclafan

bruinuclafan Forum Resident

I received Girl Talk and Unicorn from Dusty Groove today. Spinning Girl Talk now and it sounds awesome. I especially loved the bowed bass. Like @Mike H. if it’s digital I can’t tell. Very quiet record.

I already have the 3 impex pressings so I’m not going to double up on those, but I missed out on Blue City so I may try Discogs…

Mike H. likes this.
  3. So I reached out to the label for clarification on the source of these reissues. They just emailed me back and assured me that these were cut directly from the original master tapes, and not digital files.

4. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

Awesome! They do sound really fantastic.

5. Nthio

Nthio Well-Known Member

These releases snuck by me... anyone have a line on some stock anywhere or extra to sell? Can only find Blue City and Girl Talk at a retailer, though shipping is a little steep. Still better than those Discogs prices...ouch.

patient_ot likes this.
  6. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

Craftman is repressing all 6 of these plus 3 Ayako Hosokawa LPs on Dec 20. I just pre-ordered all from CD Japan.

youve been warned

7. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

How is CD Japan with packaging vinyl for international shipment? I've only ever ordered CDs from them. Thanks.

8. Swordsandchains

never had a problem

patient_ot likes this.
  9. Fractured

Fractured Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads-up! I found the represses on HMV last night, but the website checkout says they currently not shipping outside Japan (despite having international shipping rates posted in the Help section). I looked on CDJapan but didn't find them there yesterday, but I will check again now.

I have only ordered vinyl from CDJapan once (3 of The Who albums issued last year), and it was well packed. Have also ordered scads of paper-jacket silver discs from them and their packing never fails to impress, so I feel pretty confident ordering from there.

patient_ot and Swordsandchains like this.
  10. Swordsandchains

Blow Up and Blue City sold out at cdjapan, 1 Unicorn left

11. Fractured

Fractured Forum Resident

That's disappointing. I figured I had time to finish work before placing an order. I think I snagged the last Unicorn, at least. I'll have to keep a look out for the other two.

Crossing my fingers that Craftman will either increase the numbers of copies in this batch or keep repressing while the demand is there.

12. Swordsandchains

i made the mistake last time of waiting and then they all sold out, so I ordered as soon as insaw them today. Keep an eye on HMV

13. Fractured

Fractured Forum Resident

They are up on HMV (before CDJapan), but when I tried to checkout there, it told me they weren't shipping outside Japan at the moment. Works if I put in a US address, but it seems a bit convoluted (and expensive) to ship to a reshipper in the US and then on to Canada. I sent a message asking if this is a mistake. Not sure if they have English customer support, though.

14. Swordsandchains

i have never used HMV before but i know others have. CD Japan and Amazon JP are my go to, along with some other heavy metal shops and friends i have there.

15. beginthebegin

beginthebegin Harmonicat

I just ordered all 9 from HMV, seemed to work fine for me (thought about not getting Misty and Blow Up as I have the Impex of those, but what the heck, in a penny in for, well, a lot, but it's 9 records)

Swordsandchains likes this.
  16. Swordsandchains

I have the 3 impex as well and was going to pass on them and then said screw it and ordered them, may just sell the impex

beginthebegin likes this.
  17. Fractured

Fractured Forum Resident

Wait... 9 records? What are the other 3? The Ayako Hosokawa records? Or are there new ones?

18. Swordsandchains

i assume he was referring to the 3x Ayako

19. beginthebegin

beginthebegin Harmonicat

Yep.

20. beginthebegin

beginthebegin Harmonicat

Looks like there are some interesting Japanese jazz reissues in March 2023 as well from what I saw on the site, but that was just a quick look

21. Swordsandchains

yep saw those as well, have them bookmarked. December 3 and 7 also sees lps of Sadao Watanabe, Fumio Itabashi, and 2x Yosuke Yamashita reissues, i preordered all of those as well.

beginthebegin and bruinuclafan like this.
  22. getitshorty

getitshorty Forum Resident

what titles in march? have a link?

23. Swordsandchains

search CD Japan “vinyl lp” and sort by latest first and youll see

24. Paquini

Paquini Forum Dweller

So glad I found this thread, albeit a little late for those Blow Up and Blue City. These Craftsman Record reissues are some of the best sounding in my catalog. I’m curious to hear them in comparison to Impex reissues. That CD Japan website is glitchy AF. Has anyone had that issue? I checked out and it took me to an internal error page yet my order clearly went through with the emailed receipt.

25. Swordsandchains

its very glitchy on mobile but i usually find it works fine on my laptop and ipad

YouCantWin and Paquini like this.