A bad movie you've recently seen

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by shnaggletooth, Mar 29, 2021.

1. FLEMKE

FLEMKE Senior Member

Meatballs 2. I like silly/stupid stuff from time to time. This was just terrible.

2. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

...and not one of them even remotely resembles Jim Morrison!

3. PapaMuerte

PapaMuerte Zappatista

Zack Snyder's Avengers

4. Slackhurst Broadcasting

Slackhurst Broadcasting Forum Resident

Mega Piranha (2010). Giant mutant piranha fish attack Florida by leaping ashore and swallowing people in one mouthful. Eighties teenage singer Tiffany stars as a marine biologist.

Chrome_Head and Veronica Mars like this.
  5. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

one that I thought would be a bad cult style movie was The Man Who Killed Hitler and the Bigfoot. It was surprisingly played straight and was pretty good.

carlwm likes this.
  6. Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars Forum Resident

Yet we never doubted George Costanza.

7. Paul Gase

Paul Gase Everything is cheaper than it looks.

GRIZZLY II: The Revenge.

Must see bad movie!

The Hud likes this.
  8. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

The Russian sci fi alien rip off 'Sputnik'.

As usual, allegedly smart people doing..... stupid things. Very stupid and unnecessary risks the audience is ostensibly supposed to accept because the characters are 'brave'.

GyroT likes this.
  9. What made this movie so terrible?
    I get a gut feeling from the trailer, but I have yet to see the movie to make a real assessment.

10. shug4476

shug4476 Nullius In Verba

Argo.

Such a pile of sh!t.

11. vconsumer

vconsumer Unapologetically 70s

Life Force. Steaming 1986 turd of a sci-fi horror. Mathilda May was pretty good.

cleandan likes this.
  12. Under Capricorn.
    The worst Hitchcock movie I'd ever seen. Abominable.

Also Three Coins In The Fountain, I rented that, made me want to go to sleep.
    I made it almost halfway.
    Nice theme song but that's it.

13. NickySee

NickySee Forum Resident

Well, I did like Ma Rainey's Black Bottom but yeah, movies are shamelessly bad now. It's why I'm kinda stuck on classics.

Michael likes this.
  14. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

me too! but they were always my favorites...

NickySee likes this.
  15. I saw two Doris Day movies last night that was both really bad (and I like her, I'm a fan of hers, I especially love her singing, but like other movies with her in them):
    Love Me Or Leave Me (her married in it to James Cagney by force, who makes her life hell; not an easy watch)
    and My Dream Is Yours (overly cute) (WAY too overly cute, or attempting to be, that is) (the last 20 minutes were the worst part, it started out kind of nice...)

16. Argo f$%# yourself! :cool::D

MekkaGodzilla, razerx and shug4476 like this.
  17. geetar_await

geetar_await I heart Linux.

Fart: The Documentary on Crackle or Tubi or on one of the streamers. Too "in-your-face" for me. I would've laughed at this a long time ago.

18. BZync

BZync Senior Member

This is going to be an unpopular opinion but Nomadland didn't engage me. Not a good sign when you are waiting for it to end while you are watching it.

19. [​IMG]

Unhinged (2020), currently on Amazon Prime. Wow...what a steaming pile of corn-pocked doo that was! A staggeringly one-dimensional Russell Crowe - wheezing away in full "late career Brando-body" mode - mails it in on a violent (most of it gratuitous) cinematic hot mess whose writing and plot barely rise above bad Lifetime TV movie quality. If not for the fun of calling out the familiar New Orleans area locations (and the myriad scene-to-scene geographic incongruities involving driving), I would have bailed after the first 15 minutes. But hey, YMMV :laugh:.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    cleandan likes this.
  20. jupiter8

jupiter8 Forum Resident

One of my favorite awful movies of all time. I first saw it on the late late show in my small Colorado town in my first apartment in the mid-80s on a 19 inch black and white TV via an antenna. The perfect way to experience it. So many great bad movies about Frankenstein-Dracula vs. Frankenstein, Frakenstein Island are both unmissable if you love bad movies

Pizza and altaeria like this.
  21. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

22. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

It was ok but Oscar winner? There are worse examples I am sure.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  23. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

My Lovely Burnt Brother and His Squashed Brain was pretty bad.

24. My post was just a funny quote from the movie. I thought Argo was ok, not great.