A billboard website?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by nashreed, May 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nashreed

nashreed New Member Thread Starter

Not "Billboard" magazine, billboards!

When I was in L.A. recently, I was able to see some really cool billboards for movies. I have always had a fascination with them and I love to see the huge ones in L.A./California. They obviously don't have them in Oklahoma. Is it true they have one now for "The Day After Tomorrow" with live people that get rained/snowed on? Awesome!!

My question is: Is there a website or even a book that anyone knows of that has pictures of lots of cool movie billboards from the past? I think just about every major studio film had one. Surely with the expense of them, there must be at least one studio guy taking a snap of it before the next one is put up. And not just movies- I've seen a few pictures of music billboards too from the 70's that are super cool too (Rolling Stones "Black And Blue" for example).

Maybe some of the LA forum members can share their favorite cool billboards from the music/movie world. Some of you lucky people get to drive dowm Sunset every day and see 'em.

Thanks!

James

2. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored

I used to live a few blocks from A&M, and "Ghost in the Machine" was a memorable one, right there on La Brea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.