A Couple Of Weekend Finds...Are They Rare?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by KBanya, May 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KBanya

KBanya Active Member Thread Starter

Here's a question for the experts...

Small Faces 'Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake' (Sony Special Products ak46964)...I remember listening to this at a friends house years ago and enjoying it. It was one of those CD's where I thought "I'll grab it when I see it used". Well, I FINALLY found it. Anyone have any history about this release? Or, was I just at the wrong places all this time...I'm curious.

Second find...looks to be from 1985. CBS Masterwoks digital sampler. (CBS Masterworks mxk 42070). I admittedly know just about zilch when it comes to classical music, but Mom is visiting soon and this looked like some good "background" music. Appears to be kind of an oldie...a good find?

2. aashton

aashton Here for the waters...

This was a very big seller over here and is part of the furniture nowadays - I believe it was rereleased in 2000 and has been fairly readily available as a budget priced CD ever since - it might be another issue completely outside of the UK though. I still have a reel-to -reel that has never been played - for some reason I am a little superstitious about playing it now - it's a good job there isn't a magpie on the cover :D

According to http://humble-pie.net/rockon/pie2/html/ogdens2.html your copy seems to be a 1991 Italian release.

All the best - Andrew

3. KBanya

KBanya Active Member Thread Starter

Re: Re: A Couple Of Weekend Finds...Are They Rare?

No, It is a US release with only one bonus track. "Tin Soldier" (live).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.