A-ha- Album by album thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Havoc, Jul 28, 2014.

1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Not keen on the remixes, the originals mixes are imbedded in my brain. No doubt pick up the CDs at a later date. Getting the vinyl for sure.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  2. negative1

negative1 80s retro fan

Right, i forgot about the East of the Sun west of the moon, that had the DVD on it.

Too bad some of these didn't have the videos included either.

later

longdist01 likes this.
  3. alexpop

4. Angel66

Angel66 Forum Resident

The mellotron in TSNSTD makes the song.

longdist01 likes this.
  5. LarsO

LarsO Forum Resident

Another way to look at it is that the «early version» is the finished version and that the finished version is a remix.

From what I know the album was done in 1999 but the record company wanted it remixed by the german team (Boogieman etc) to make it more modern/commercial.

longdist01 and alexpop like this.
  6. alexpop

Wish they’d have put the vinyl + CDs in a big box, instant purchase. As is..I’ll be ordering both LPs albums at my local RS..but no doubt pick up the deluxe cds at a later date. A-Ha very clever releasing these two albums before 50th Anniversary Abbey Road out a few weeks later.

A-Ha new release..3 songs per side of the vinyl version these two early 21st century albums .. A-Ha are going to sound better than the early cds( hopefully)!!!!

Oh! The prices are fantastic !!!!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  7. alexpop

Information bump.
    These albums deserve more ATTENTION!!!

8. alexpop

Who’s decision was it to drop it from the vinyl album. I could think of a couple other songs to take it place, being omitted that is instead.

D.B. likes this.
  9. Joseph Kern

Joseph Kern Forum Resident

I'd been hoping that Lauren's unreleased documentary about the Lifelines tour might be included in this release.

longdist01 likes this.
  10. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

Slightly off topic but I was prompted by this thread yesterday to look at some of the savoy albums that were released during the hiatus as I only have their most recent which I like a lot. I discovered that Appollon Records have an offer on their second and third albums at the moment. Vinyl & CD package for 79kr. That works out about £7.50. The postage to the UK was 115kr so about £11 but for both albums that works out as two vinyl albums and two CDs for £26. Bargain!

I now just have to wait for them to arrive from Norway.

As for these two new sets. I haven't previously bought any of the deluxe sets but I am tempted by these (if only they were not being released on the same day as Abbey Road!). I like this period of A-ha and the previously unreleased tracks look interesting.

longdist01 and D.B. like this.
  11. alexpop

I more interested in these titles than Abbey Road Anniversary.

ARK and pghmusiclover like this.
  12. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

You are probably younger than me. ;)

13. statcat

statcat Forum Resident

I've heard enough live a-ha stuff. The unreleased studio stuff is way more interesting to me.

longdist01 and alexpop like this.
  14. alexpop

I don’t like” any bands” live stuff ..prefer studio cuts myself.

Saying that A-Ha are brilliant live. Stunning sound.

15. alexpop

You are probably incorrect. :)

16. LarsO

LarsO Forum Resident

Cool! Those two Savoy albums (if you are talking about Lackluster Me / Mountains Of Time) are quite different from each other. The first being more dark and moody and the latter more towards sunny 60's pop.

As for the a-ha deluxe sets, the previous ones have been very well done IMO.

longdist01 likes this.
  17. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

I am indeed talking about those two albums. I would like to find vinyl copies of the 1st, 4th & 5th albums too but it looks as though they were only issued on CD.

longdist01 and LarsO like this.
  18. alexpop

Had there been a A-Ha album poll?

19. aferdia

aferdia Bad Vibes Rejector

I like it too. I particularly like that version of The Sun Never Shone That Day - love that extra guitar noodling away in the background and general warmer sound.

longdist01 and LarsO like this.
  20. LarsO

LarsO Forum Resident

21. alexpop

longdist01 likes this.
  22. LarsO

LarsO Forum Resident

longdist01 and aferdia like this.
  23. MLML

MLML Forum Resident

A friend of mine just posted on Facebook that he is watching a-ha playing a surprise concert in Oslo right now :eek:

longdist01 likes this.
  24. LarsO

LarsO Forum Resident

Karl Oluf, their drummer posted a picture from behind a stage curtain at Telenor Arena in Oslo.

longdist01 likes this.
  25. LarsO

LarsO Forum Resident

After a bit of research this seems to be a corporate event. OBOS, one of the real estate companies in Norway celebrates 90 years. A-ha is a surprise at this event apparently.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    longdist01 likes this.