A New Documentary... "Mike Wallace is here": A Film By Avi Belkin.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dance_hall_keeper, Jul 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident Thread Starter

One of the segments from today's airing of the CBS News Sunday Morning: "Mike Wallace is here".

Part of that was:
    "Mike Wallace is here is the four most-dreaded words in the English language back then," said Israeli-born filmmaker Avi Belkin. "Back then you used to say, if you hear those words, you know you're gonna have a bad day."

One of the most satisfying treats of CBS was watching Mr. Wallace interview celebrities of all fields. He was one of the greatest, if not the greatest, interviewer of all-time.

"Mike Wallace Is Here" opens in theaters July 26, To watch a trailer click
    on the video player below.

Also, an interview of Mr. Belikn from forbes dot com... Interview: Director Avi Belkin Reminds You 'Mike Wallace Is Here'.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    longdist01 likes this.
  2. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

Saw this on Hulu. Excellent.

longdist01 likes this.
  3. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

watched a borrowed Blu-Ray last month, fantastic documentary!

MRamble likes this.
  4. JozefK

JozefK Forum Resident

"Now let me see if I have the facts straight, miss. You dress up in this strange "scout" outfit, then go to the homes of complete strangers and offer to sell them your cookies???"

MRamble likes this.
  5. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Is this available to stream other than on Hulu?

6. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

There's a Bluray? Only was a DVD version on Amazon.

7. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

apologize it was DVD, i had a stack of documentary films to watch, the others were on Blu-Ray discs. Sorry about misleading post earlier!

A really great documentary about Mike by Avi Belkin.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    MRamble likes this.
  8. Big Jimbo

Big Jimbo Forum Resident

Do they anything from the tv interview he did with one beatnik where Wallace asked him ‘what about all those dirty words you use’? The beatnik ( I think it was Paul Krassner) responded by asking “which words do you mean?”

Of course Wallace was part of the CBS report that did an inept hatchet job on an inept General Westmoreland. They asked one of his aides if Westmoreland liked getting bad news. The aide responded “Like many of us he didn’t like receiving bad news. But he insisted on hearing hit”. Come broadcast time that second sentence got edited out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.