Abbey Road 50th Anniversary Discussion. What Can We Expect?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mark Fricke, Sep 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

2. Binni

Binni Forum Resident

Sorry to digress but there was a thread or a discussion in a thread about who had the final say on signing The Beatles .. do you remember it? Do you perhaps know in which thread it is in? :rolleyes:

3. applejam101

applejam101 Humble Fan

Read Chip and Scott's Lennonology book. LENNONOLOGY

Plus here is Lennon's Solitude.

oboogie and theMess like this.
  4. revolution_vanderbilt

See, for McCartney we have that "forthcoming archive series" thread and the "new and miscellaneous" thread which sort of act as a catch all and lobby, so that when a big release gets announced we can then move there and at least generally keep on topic. But at this point, this thread has become the basic Beatles thread. Once the deluxe set gets announced, I hope things will be more focused. But until then, I don't see why anything can't be game. Maybe there should be a companion thread "Abbey Road 50th Anniversary Discussion. What Can't We Expect?" For instance, we can't expect Lennon's Bermuda demos to be included. We also can't expect Paul to decide that Allen Klein was a good guy after all.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2019
  5. autumn daze

autumn daze I really don't belong here

I’ve not seen much of @tinnox in this thread. If you’re around, are you looking forward to AR50?

tinnox and Beatle Ed like this.
  6. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

im really pumped for AR50th buuuuut i don't want to be burned out from trying to be hyped to early. ill get excited when Apple makes an announcement

7. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Hey, we’re aving a nice discussion about Beatles documentaries here:
    Best Beatles Documentary
    And it’s only three pages long.
    Heavy focus on The Compleat Beatles.
    Remember that one?
    Beave

andrewskyDE likes this.
  8. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

Ah but one of our thread insiders may be returning after a one month sabbatical no?

Could this mean we’ll soon be getting another AR50 clue?

Or a Beatles Mystery Boxed Set color breadcrumb?

Did Ringo actually become a cabbage considering his known gastrointestinal issues?

Tune in next time to the further adventures of (echo echo echo)....

Abbey Road 50th Anniversary Discussion: What Can We Expect? ;)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    Exotiki and MPLRecords like this.
  9. MCK57

MCK57 Forum Resident

I want Billy Preston's piano to be brought up more in the mix.I want Billy to get the credit he deserves!!

doyleDog and applejam101 like this.
  10. Bewaremylove

Bewaremylove Forum Resident

Did anyone happen to catch Paul on 60 minutes tonight? They showed lots of Let It Be clips that looked nicely restored. It's making me really excited to see what Peter Jackson will do with it. I hope the movie is as long as Return of the King..

andrewskyDE and Duophonic like this.
  11. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

What was the reason behind Paul on 60 minutes tonight?

12. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

Was it a re-run of the feature from last year?

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  13. planckera

planckera I Hate Hate

To promote “60 Second Street.” :nyah:

jmxw likes this.
  14. Bewaremylove

He wasn't really promoting anything, although they did mention the new album. That was more of a precursor to why he still makes music after all this time. Paul's insecurities about being accepted and always trying to make something universally loved... The interview itself was nothing really new, just the same softball questions that he has redi-made answers to that we've heard a million times. The footage from Let it Be was the real star of the show.

15. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

From what I remember being discussed in the usenet days…:
    Let It Be was shot on 16mm.
    To make the 35mm print, the 16mm footage was apparently projected against a wall.
    So immediately going back to the 16mm footage would be an improvement.
    Then, for Anthology, the 16mm footage was fixed up even more, making it incredible to see.
    There's definitely enough material to make a second feature film of equal length — what isn't there is enough stereo recordings to match, since all the Twickenham footage is recorded in mono.
    That's why "I Me Mine" had to be re-recorded in January 1970: there was no stereo tape to mix from for the final album after it was decided the song should feature in the film.

16. Bewaremylove

It wasn't a rerun according to my DVR, but it was basically the same interview. Same silly questions that everyone asks in every interview. I don't understand why they always ask the same things. In my memory (which is unreliable a good amount of the time), no one other than Howard Stern and Conan O'Brian have sat down and asked really good questions that he had to think about before answering. Why has no one ever asked him what the heck John was doing to make him laugh so hard on the promo video for We Can Work It Out? Lol

andrewskyDE and Wingsfan2012 like this.
  17. J Alesait

J Alesait Forum Resident

I wouldn't change the running order, but I think Golden Slumbers should start a little earlier. I've always felt the last part of the medley sounds a bit separated from the rest.

18. dsdu

dsdu less serious minor pest

Ratings.

19. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

Like most celebrities, I think Paul has someone go through the questions ahead of time.
    Howard Stern doesn't do that, which is why he is usually effective as an interviewer.

That said, the best Paul McCartney interview will always go to Chris Farley on Saturday Night Live. Period.

20. IFP

IFP Forum Resident

Needs more Hey Jude.

21. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Cristiano Cortellazzi Forum Resident

Nope. I have Rockband, the chats are unpublished. In rock band there was some short intro or outro in some tracks, but it was a few seconds. IMO this is a hint for the coming box :righton:

22. revolution_vanderbilt

Trust me, I have all this material already. It's nothing new I'm afraid.

23. multi.flacs.project

multi.flacs.project Forum Resident

The cowbell/percussion/Scouse backing vocals overdub at the beginning comes from a TV special / making of about Love. As the others have said, the rest consists of segments pieced together from all those 10-second bits from Rockband. There was some overlap between the outtakes chosen for the Pepper and White Album boxes and the ones used in Rockband, so I would expect at least parts of this on an upcoming Abbey Road set.

Gila likes this.
  24. Ern

Ern Senior Member

It's from Rockband.
    Go back a few pages (177), I posted a video from Rockband chats, during the recording of 'Abbey Road'.
    The parts you posted are there too.

25. revolution_vanderbilt

And I believe on the actual LOVE album that is used as part of Octopus' Garden!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.