Abbey Road 50th Anniversary Edition Price and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Octavian, Aug 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Yeah, it still said $83.42 on BluRay.com until a couple of minutes ago when it completely disappeared off the first row and dropped down several rows that simply say pre-order with no price given until you go to Amazon's site.

2. Ivan

Ivan Forum Resident

This gets asked every time something goes up for pre-order. Amazon always gives it to you for the lowest price that it gets to between the time you order and when it ships.

3. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

That's crazy!! :wtf:

Gosh, it is such a game that Amazon is playing, while still making billions...

formu_la and ispace like this.
  4. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

Is there a such thing as a Parlophone label Abbey Road that's AAA?

5. SunSon

SunSon Lucky Boomer

I ordered from AmazonUS on the 8th and I just checked it again and the prices have gone down. Here are my new prices.

[​IMG]
    Abbey Road Anniversary [3 LP Deluxe]
    The Beatles
    Sold by: Amazon.com Services, Inc
    $76.54
    Release date: Friday, September 27, 2019

[​IMG]
    Abbey Road Anniversary [3 CD/Blu-ray Super Deluxe]
    The Beatles
    $83.42
    Release date: Friday, September 27, 2019

[​IMG]
    Abbey Road Anniversary [Picture Disc]
    The Beatles
    $30.25
    Release date: Friday, September 27, 201

fini likes this.
  6. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Cristiano Cortellazzi Forum Resident

The vinyl prices are just a laugh..

Pawnmower likes this.
  7. Jimmy Cooper

Jimmy Cooper Forum Resident

Because in my opinion the 2009 remasters weren't an improvement I missed them out. Apart from that: I really love to buy new Beatles records. I'm always in!

8. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

[​IMG]

cwitt1980 likes this.
  9. CraigBic

CraigBic Forum Resident

I just pre-ordered the 1LP and the Deluxe Vinyl from a more local website so they'll probably arrive before my Amazon UK orders.
    I had a look to see what the price would be if I canceled my Amazon UK order for the Deluxe and the 3LP and it was around double the price so I think I'll keep the Amazon order going still.

10. micktanner

micktanner Forum Resident

Thanks for the 'heads up' PJ!

Paul J likes this.
  11. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

Saturday, the 12 year old in me thought maybe they’ll reward the folks that ordered and didn’t cancel and jump to whoever for $88, and then bump it back up.

Guess I’ll ride my bike over to Larry’s, go shoot some baskets.

micktanner and cwitt1980 like this.
  12. Same here...after I went through the process of setting up an account, adding my credit card, etc. Lame.

Maybe the Beatles gods are f*cking with me for also having an Amazon.ca order at $31 that is still live? I full well expect that order to be cancelled, and would prefer not to buy from Amazon. BM seems like a good alternative, but a bit annoying that the site lets me go through the entire order process only to kill it at the last minute.

milankey likes this.
  13. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

I have one of those!

Easy-E likes this.
  14. fini

fini Forum Resident

What does AAA refer to?

15. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

I was going to say that, as usual, Amazon UK is not budging but that would be untrue. They have put the price up. As has Amazon France. :rolleyes:

16. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

Nice! That's a relief. We didn't have to wait that long for a price drop. $83 (and free shipping) is a great deal for 4 discs and a book, IMHO.

I remember being a teenager in the late 90s and saving up and spending $18-$20 for a single CD, and that almost always came in a rinky-dink plastic case with just a small booklet.

planckera likes this.
  17. Trots

Trots Forum Resident

AAA – A fully analogue recording, from the original session to mastering. Since at least the mastering recorder must be digital to make a compact disc, this code is not applicable to CDs

18. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

But as mentioned, that $83 lasted less than 2 hours, and now the price is back up to $109 on Amazon. Good news, of course, for those who pre-ordered right away on Amazon. But not good if you didn't pre-order previously from them.

sws2000 likes this.
  19. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

The CD of Aerosmith's "Get a Grip" I bought last week claims to be "AAA"! :wtf:

mark winstanley likes this.
  20. beatlesaint

beatlesaint Forum Resident

Ordered from Amazon UK and beng a Prime member i expected to see delivery date of 27 Sept.
    It doesnt, it says 1 October :shake:

I'm hoping that changes. This feels like the Lennon Imagine box set cock up all over again to me where it doidnt come until two days after release.

21. EdwinM

EdwinM Grumpy old man

I their case it stands for All Alcoholics Anonymous

fini, maandrade and Oatsdad like this.
  22. Bill

Bill Senior Member

I was first attracted to buying my music online, rather than from local brick and mortar retailers, by CD Now, which Amazon subsequently acquired, because of its great selection and appealing prices. I have no desire to be a data point in Amazon's algorithm-dictated pricing, designed to squeeze the last penny possible out of people like me. Surely other companies like Bull Moose make a decent profit from their more reasonable and consistent pricing. I'm starting to agree with those who say that we have created a bit of a monster in Amazon, and I have no intention of adding to the problem. Sayonara, Jeff. Good luck with your behavioral experiments.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    ispace and MusicFan57 like this.
  23. m5comp

m5comp Classic Rock Lover

Even with the temporary price drop, my Amazon.com pre-order is $90.09 because of sales tax.:mad:

24. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Could be! :D

I'm guessing Aerosmith fudged reality to seem "more authentic".

1993 was back when Pearl Jam and others fought back against digital recordings, so I'm guessing they pretended the whole thing was analog to appeal to that sentiment.

1989's "Pump" was ADD, so clearly Aerosmith didn't advocate all analog all the time!

25. Dee Zee

Dee Zee Once Upon a Dream

Just for the halibut I preordered on Amazon yesterday at $110. Now it’s at $83. Woot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.