Abbey Road 50th Anniversary Edition Price and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Octavian, Aug 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fini

fini Forum Resident

Thank you!

Trots likes this.
  2. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

My pulse is still registering... ;)

Jimmy Cooper likes this.
  3. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Forum Resident

What's the lowest price the 2-CD version has gone so far on Amazon US? I pre-ordered last Thursday at $24.98. It's currently at $19.72, but my pre-order hasn't been adjusted to that price yet. If it's been lower than $19.72 so far, then I'll leave my existing pre-order in place and hope it gets lowered to that. But if the current price is the lowest it has been, then I'll cancel my existing pre-order and place another one.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  4. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

same

5. Vic333

Vic333 Forum Resident

You'll get the lowest price. No need to cancel/reorder. That's happened to me before.

6. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

I just cancelled PopMarket, to save $3, and went with Amazon at $83.42 for the Super Deluxe CD/Blu Ray Box Set.
    I'm done chasing now...

7. audiomixer

I'm sticking with Amazon.

8. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

Surprised to see a poster up in my neighborhood already advertising the AR 50th set

9. SteelyNJ

SteelyNJ Forum Resident

My total with NJ sales tax comes to $88.95 so I’m still better off with Bullmoose at $83.97.

MusicFan57 likes this.
  10. Whoopycat

Whoopycat Forum Resident

Thank you! I ordered the deluxe CD box, came to $77 even after shipping/tax. That's good enough for me.

11. Mr. November

Mr. November Forum Resident

I ordered the 3LP-set via Amazon.fr for 57 euro. A day later it was 68...

12. dvakman

dvakman stalking the dread moray eel

Yes, if it's from before around 1987/1988, you're golden.

cwitt1980 likes this.
  13. Sedwards

Sedwards Hyperactive!

Yes, no cancellation as yet and still listed on their site under my orders as a live order. Wonder if there's any correlation between prime membership and order cancellation - maybe they'll honor their mistaken pricing for prime members? Or is that just wishful thinking?

marklamb likes this.
  14. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Forum Resident

I think it depends on how many orders were placed at the mistaken price. If it's in the thousands, then I think the chances of a global cancellation go up. But if only a couple dozen or even a few hundred got in at that price, they might just decide to honor it. No way to really know right now. I don't think being a US Prime member will matter for a Amazon Canada order though. But maybe. You never know.

Octavian, formu_la, Sedwards and 2 others like this.
  15. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

In this case, the 6 hour time difference was a plus since it was around 9p.m. here when the price dropped. I also applied $10 in points so my cost is $77. Nice.

16. BuckNaked

BuckNaked Senior Member

I'm in at $84.

SteelyNJ and Myke like this.
  17. rocklobster

rocklobster Forum Resident

As I told my wife this morning, I'm not necessarily counting on it sticking, but as of now my Amazon.ca order is still active and I have not received any cancellation notices for it. Fingers crossed...

marklamb likes this.
  18. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

I seem to be among the few unlucky got a cancellation on that crazy low price. I’m a Prime member, although in the US. Perhaps it was a matter of timing? I did engage with an Amazon customer rep and they declined to reinstate the order at the original price for me.

19. Dee Zee

Dee Zee Once Upon a Dream

Wasn't the Pepper or White Album Deluxe Real cheap in Canada, like $35, but they cancelled all those orders. I know I had it for a while on one of those. Or was that the Christmas set.

20. Octavian

Octavian Forum Resident Thread Starter

Yes. The Sgt. Pepper deluxe set was at a really low price, but it was referred to as "The New Originals", but with the pictures of the actual set. It was also up for much longer.

marklamb likes this.
  21. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Yes, I think your onto something here. I also wonder if it helps if your using an amazon issue credit card? we will soon find out how much they appreciate our business.

marklamb likes this.
  22. audiomixer

$83.42. Close enough.

23. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

$83.97. What'd I win ?

Jimijam and BuckNaked like this.
  24. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

Hi @RiRiIII, how'd your Greek Island holiday go? Amazon seem to have abandonment that charging up front on pre-orders, although I have still paid up front for a couple of items I've still to receive.

A couple of months ago Amazon, not for everyone it seems, started charging up front for pre-orders once your pre-order was 5 days old. I was actually charged £500/$625 up front for pre-orders I had with Amazon's UK & Germany. Luckily I always set aside the money as soon as I order anything on-line. They now seem to have abandoned that policy which must have been a trial because only a few customers were affected.

I have pre-ordered from Amazons UK, Germany, France & Italy but wouldn't have done so if they'd adopted that charging up front policy. I'll be cancelling all but the best deals on September 25th.

Dream on @Sedwards :edthumbs:

Sedwards and audiomixer like this.
  25. audiomixer

83.42! I win your prize.

Ed Hughes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.