Abbey Road 50th Anniversary Edition Price and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Octavian, Aug 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill

Bill Senior Member

Should be a 5.1 box of Blu-rays of all 13 albums and a book for a couple hundred dollars. Instead, drip, drip....

Toomuch40 and Deacon Blues like this.
  2. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Forum Resident

I'm really happy with what they're doing, I just wish they would do it a bit quicker.

GLUDFSSR, hidlive, longdist01 and 2 others like this.
  3. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

I wasn't complaining, nor was I even talking about outtakes, or unreleased material. I was simply pointing out that they did not maximize sales, the way they could have...geez...

4. thxdave

thxdave "One black, one white, one blonde"

I actually got to see this coming out of the record press a few days ago in Salina, KS. Can't wait to get my copy.

5. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Ok Darin, I get your point.
    But there’s something way beyond sales here, Apple is cultivating the Brand for the future, and their doing a tremendous job at it.
    Check it out:
    Youth market, excellent going into the future, got 10,11,12 year old kids wearing Beatles t shirts!
    Collector ‘s market: excellent, alive and well, both in the third party markets and the official markets, interest keeps growing instead of dying out, no mean feat!
    Tech market: excellent, they’ve taken on streaming and hi def markets successfully without over saturating and cheapening the Brand.

No other bands Machine is doing these thins as well as Apple is, not Floyd, Zeppelin, Stones, Hendrix, the only Machine doing it as well or better is Dylan.

That’s pretty incredible for a Brand that was in complete disarray in the 70’s.
    Beave

6. SunSon

SunSon Lucky Boomer

I just got this email

Hello,

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on August 08, 2019 (Order# XXX-XXXXXXXX-XX):

The Beatles "Abbey Road Anniversary [3 LP Deluxe]"
    Estimated arrival date: October 03, 2019 - October 04, 2019

If you want to check on the progress of your order, take a look at this page in Your Account:

https://www.amazon.com

We hope to see you again soon!

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
    http://www.amazon.com

reb likes this.
  7. frogfog

frogfog Zappaddict

I think it's still good and am sticking to it.

timnor likes this.
  8. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

I’m still thinking that my Amazon CA order may come through. When is it safe (how late) to cancel my Bullmoose order?

marklamb and supermd like this.
  9. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

I just got this Amazon US email about my pre-order:

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

The Beatles "Abbey Road Anniversary [3 CD/Blu-ray Super Deluxe]"
    Estimated arrival date: September 27, 2019

Originally the listing just said 9/27 release date with two-day shipping, with a delivery date to be determined.

Electric Sydney and 360-12 like this.
  10. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

It was safe when the invoice was issued.

Your order will ship.

11. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Couple hundred dollars?!?
    That’s wishful thinking.

12. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

No. Same with my order and has been for a while. I suspect that we will get it before then though.

13. Lemon Curry

Lemon Curry (A) Face In The Crowd

I don't remember that version of the 70's. The early 70's was Red and Blue (after Alpha Omega!), and solo efforts taking turns at #1. The mid to late 70's was the constant drum beat for a reunion, Hollywood Bowl, Star Club, Wings Over America, and The Rutles!

If I can indentify a lull with the brand, it would be the 80's in the years before the '87 CDs. Since then, it's been various degrees of red hot :)

Dee Zee and JamesD1957 like this.
  14. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

7 days before release day. I have 12 years experience with them, and starting the process as soon as 6 days before is not unusual for them at all. How a lot of my purchases have shown up as early as 3 days before release day. Just one of the reasons I love them. :hugs:

supermd and EddieMann like this.
  15. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

My local store called and let me know that he put my order in for me. $100.00 to support the local shop over amazon.com sending me a mutilated version for $10.oo less I can deal with.

16. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

Got emails from Amazon, release date delivery from the one ordered on my wife’s Prime Trial (Trial canceled a week or so ago).
    Another that I ordered with free shipping, will come the following week.
    A friend is buying that.

Both were at the $84 morning low.

Electric Sydney and audiomixer like this.
  17. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

The CD/Blu-ray Super Deluxe was $84? Mine is still $89.80.

18. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

I got mine for $83.42. That’s the lowest it went on Amazon US.

19. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

I prefer drips, we haven't all got that kind of money in one go.

JamesD1957 and audiomixer like this.
  20. Gianni Ovalsand

Gianni Ovalsand Forum Resident

DeepDiscount currently has the SDE for $86.99 less a 15% coupon (FALL15) which makes it $73.94. Shipping, which is typically free with orders over $25, is $3.99 due to the larger, heavier box set. I believe the coupon expires 9/18. Other Abbey Road versions are also available with current Amazon pricing less the 15% coupon discount.

https://www.deepdiscount.com/abbey-road-anniversary-box-set-3cds-bd/602577921124

javilu77 likes this.
  21. skynet_osiris

skynet_osiris Forum Resident

My order still looks ok, also I received the invoice for 37.59 CDL, hence I had cancelled the other orders already … funny thing is packing and shipping costed almost the same as the boxset :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:, also for what I did not have a date yet is for the LP Set, which is funny as I payed full price for it :mudscrying::mudscrying:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

marklamb and EddieMann like this.
  22. Bill

Bill Senior Member

I got a notice from Amazon today that it can deliver the box on day of release. I cancelled the order- sticking with Bull Moose, who have always been great.

Deacon Blues, Myke and Pretty.Odd. like this.
  23. Deacon Blues

Deacon Blues Forum Resident

You're not alone, they are technically lossless but they used the compressed master for the hi res release which was really a disappointment. Gotta go BR, for the best audio and mastering or vinyl, of course

24. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

OH NO!!! MY AM CAN ORDER CANCELLED!!!

Sorry only joking :laughup::laughup::laughup:

25. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

9 or 10 days left to wait...

Just confirmed with my local store that they have them on hand at the supplier now and my cost (3 LP set) will be $76, so not bad at all and will be able to pick up on Thursday or Friday of next week depending how it is shipped.

And John Coltrane's "Blue World" on the same day, oh yeah!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.