Abbey Road 50th Anniversary Edition Price and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Octavian, Aug 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skynet_osiris

skynet_osiris Forum Resident

well.. the joke would've been on you mate :wiggle::laughup::biglaugh: cheers (just kidding, waiting on the 27th eagerly...)

2. Rigoberto

Rigoberto Forum Resident

Good suggestion. I just sent in a request to cancel my Deep Discount order.

3. ragepil

ragepil Forum Resident

Just saw it the 2CD version on a shopping mall, on sale. The price was mistaken at 14,99€ but it was from another artist. The correct prices is 22,99€.

And if they have it on sale today, I guess it's a mistake as well...

4. javilu77

javilu77 Forum Resident

At the moment DEEPDISCOUNT / GROOVES are the cheapest in the US and Amazon FR is the cheapest in Spain, right?
    FNAC sells it for 71 euro but shipping only to Belgium it seems on Fnac NL.

5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Price isn't everything.
    Will your chosen retailer do their best to have it arrive by release date ?
    Will your chosen retailer pack it in a way that reduces the possibility of damage in transit ?

Beatles Fan 4 Life and reb like this.
  6. frogfog

frogfog Zappaddict

It's 50 years old music: I know what to expect, I don't need it on the release date.
    (Amazon FR for me)

mrjinks, supermd, Jimmy B. and 6 others like this.
  7. Joining this discussion pretty late. I have gotten the previous two remix/outtake LPs on release date. But I will likely wait on this one just because I have other things on my to buy list that likely won't be around as long.

For those that kept an eye on TWA 4LP, did it ever drop significantly in price? Or maybe some good deals popped up here or there? It is still around the same price I bought it for on Amazon on release day (now $6 cheaper).

8. skynet_osiris

skynet_osiris Forum Resident

well for me amazon had never failed, every time I purchase from them either from CA or UK or US I had never had an issue everything came through perfect and well protected, maybe a few days later of the relase. only Once I had an issue … and curiously it was with Amazon MX in which the item I bought never came, was never a way to tracking it and it was a poor customer process overall, one thing to say here is that the purchase was made through amazon from a 3rd party, in which the 3rd party was very lame, in the end Amazon MX responded and refunded me back my money, other than that I had never had any issues :)

Regards

9. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Depends on the price difference. In my case, it was $20. I can get another CD for that.

eelkiller likes this.
  10. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

Both cd and vinyl versions will be here on the 27th per Amazon.

Carl80 and Jack like this.
  11. Dee Zee

Dee Zee Once Upon a Dream

Got the WA deluxe at Barnes and Noble for $73 on Black Friday. Coupons, sales, membership discounts. I thought about waiting on this one until then but got the $83 on Amazon.

12. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

I have the deluxe preorder from Amazon UK with standard shipping - I just hope it doesn’t come on the projected arrival date of Oct 2nd... I know my white had a similar date and came on release day.

I would go and pick it up at HMV in town at lunch, but it’ll cost me >£10 more.

autumn daze likes this.
  13. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

Well, it's just one week to dispatching and my Canadian order stands, so I have cancelled my Amazon France order. I hope the Canadians don't bail on me now :sweating:

14. sethICE

sethICE Forum Resident

I kept my Aug. 8 Amazon France order for the deluxe box plus the 3LP vinyl because it was the cheapest (by $16), and I'm cancelling Amazon US and UK. I had placed all 3 orders from my phone on Augeust 8 during the intermission of a play I was attending in London while on vacation there. The only problem with the Amazon.fr order is that the expected delivery date is Oct. 10 (UK also said Oct. 10 and US said Oct. 3 - I don't have Prime).

I am also getting the 2CD, but from Amazon US. It had been part of the US order for all 3 sets that I cancelled, but I had to cancel and re-order so that I could add another item to qualify for free shipping - unfortunately the result is the estimated delivery date is now Oct. 10 instead of Oct. 3.

Anyone know what prices Barnes and Noble will have, and will they have it on Sept. 27? I was thinking of walking in and buying the 2CD set the old fashioned brick and mortar way on the release date if I am not travelling (and I would cancel the Amazon US order at that time if not charged yet), so I would at least have that while waiting for the deluxe. B&N is pretty much the only place in Manhattan that sells new product at this point - most record stores are used vinyl only. Not sure if Best Buy is still selling CDs here? Target definitely does not.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  15. I would actually guess that Target carries the 2 CD set - they tend to carry all of the Beatles' bigger releases.

Grant likes this.
  16. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Has any one heard of any exclusive items / give-a-ways for indi Record stores? Both Pepper and White had lithographs, so I suspect the iconic cover of AR will be a print this year. Can any one confirm?

17. Paul Saldana

Paul Saldana jazz vinyl addict

I saw a couple copies of the 4-lp box go on eBay sealed for under $40.

Greenmonster2420 likes this.
  18. Rigoberto

Rigoberto Forum Resident

I should be getting that with my HMV Lawson Japan order. There's a picture of it on there and on the CDJapan site.

19. sethICE

sethICE Forum Resident

To be more clear, I didn't mean that Target won't be carrying it. The problem is that in NYC (specifically in lower Manhattan), there are 2 Target stores, but they are both relatively small mini-stores with no music department at all.

PhantomStranger likes this.
  20. sethICE

sethICE Forum Resident

Did anyone else order the 4 disk deluxe AR fro Amazon.fr? The listing for this clearly shows a photo of the box set and shows the track listing for the 4 discs, but the title of the listing says "Abbey Road [2CD Digipack Deluxe]". The current price (with VAT) is 85,00 €. There is a separate listing for the 2CD with the same title, but with a photo of the 2CD and the tracklisting for the 2CD and a current price including VAT of 19,99 €. I'm sure that what I ordered is the box, but having the wrong title makes me a little nervous. I used the "Signaler des informations incorrectes sur les produits" button ("Report incorrect product information") to let them know, but nothing has changed.

21. frogfog

frogfog Zappaddict

I wouldn't be worried. The ASIN number refers to the deluxe box. The title also says "0th Anniversary Edition" (sic).
    As for the "Report incorrect product information" button: it's completely useless. I used it once or twice (on other item(s)) to no avail.

sethICE likes this.
  22. Sherwood SST

Sherwood SST Jazz isn’t dead. It just smells funny.

I also ordered the deluxe set from them, I believe it’s an error on their part. Not to worry! I’ve experienced that before with orders and I received the correct item each time.

sethICE likes this.
  23. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I'm going to cancel Bullmoose now for the same reason.

A well respected man likes this.
  24. Electric Sydney

Electric Sydney Forum Resident

I’ve never ordered anything from Amazon MX. How is the pricing and reliability?

25. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

I think we are safe, it would be very strange if they cancelled in these few days.

supermd and reb like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.