Abbey Road 50th Anniversary Edition Price and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Octavian, Aug 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony LeMesmer

Tony LeMesmer Forum Resident

Ordered with What records in the UK last week. Not been dispatched yet. Still at 'preparing' stage. Getting anxious as emailed on Friday and not had a reply and tried phoning to no avail. Last year the White album box set was delivered on the day before release.

2. JR63

JR63 Forum Resident

You're not the only one. My SDE book arrived with some shipping damage on the lower spine. The cardboard shipping container had a rather large hole in it and that where the spine of the book shows some indentation damage, but it's not terrible and I'm on the fence as to whether to ask Bull Moose for an exchange. I haven't tried playing the BR or any CDs yet.

3. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

Il est arrivé de France! ☺️ Just before I had to go out for lunch. Listening session tonight.

4. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Amazon France just delivered my package too! One day before expected and on a Sunday!!

Can’t wait to dig into the book later today and rip all the audio :)

5. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

Why would anyone lose their jobs over a simple mistake, pretty sure amazon would have some kind of disciplinary procedure, suspensions, warnings etc. The company I worked for thirty five years had a disciplinary procedure with so many stages it was almost impossible to get sacked/fired, the only time you could get instant dismissal was for theft. Thank f**k for Unions.

richierichie likes this.
  6. Kristan Reed

Kristan Reed Active Member

Just had an update that it's shipping Tuesday. Frankly, given the cheaper price, I'll take that. Ordered with Amazon initially, cancelled Friday when it was obvious it wasn't going to get it to me any sooner than Tuesday. Ended up ordering a whole bunch of stuff from What. They're cheaper on all sorts of things, even with the shipping costs factored in.

shantysnowman likes this.
  7. smdavies

smdavies Active Member

Got both my editions today from Amazon uk - 3 Vinyl and 4 CD. The vinyl main LP - distortion on 1st track on both side one and two - I ummhh a bit can I live with it and carried on - but when I got to carry that weight heavy clicking started into the end - the record looks perfect not a mark and I came it a light clean its a fault. Thank fully amazon shipping a replacement. Still sounds great though. the book in the CD pack is fab.

8. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

Although it was due Saturday. My SDE from Bullmoose is still wondering around the woods at the post office in Little Rock, AR. That's about 700 miles away from where I live in Illinois.

Hopefully Bullwinkle will find his way out of the woods and get to me in a day or two in decent shape and with a playable Blu Ray! Thank God for Tidal and Amazon Music HD in the meantime!

9. Beatlebug

Beatlebug Another box set won't do any harm

I pre ordered with Amazon UK on 8 August when the set was first announced. After a couple of days I released that my expected delivery date was 1 October and not on release date.

I queried this with Amazon and they sent me an email to say that my set would be despatched before the release date. I booked the Friday off work to be in for delivery.

The day before release my expected delivery was still 1 October so I phoned them again, where they told me I must have pre-ordered from a third party! They told me they didn't have them in stock from their suppliers, and wouldn't be able to despatch yet, so I cancelled and picked it up at HMV instead - unfortunately for a much higher price, but at least I had it in my hands.

To be fair it's the first time I've had a bad experience with Amazon.

shantysnowman and coffeetime like this.
  10. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

Did you check with your neighbors to see if it was delivered to them by mistake? I've had that happen a few times when tracking showed it was delivered. Before I called to complain, I went around to the other apartment buildings near me, and I would find my package sitting there, same apt. number, different building.

I would be concerned, since your tracking was very specific, saying it was left on the porch. Also, I was lucky that my neighbor was not home, so the box was still there. Another time, they brought my package to me. Was it being delivered by Amazon or USPS or somebody else? I had an Amazon driver scan my package as delivered, but then wait until the next day to bring it. :(

Good luck!

audiomixer likes this.
  11. Tony LeMesmer

Tony LeMesmer Forum Resident

Yeah, finally had an email, shipping Monday, arriving Tuesday.
    I can relax now....

12. jcr64

jcr64 Forum Resident

Amazon came through for me yesterday at 5:45, about 24 hours late and five minutes before I left for the evening. About to start listening now ...

13. bward

bward Senior Member

I had no idea that Target has its own unique special edition. Picked one up today.
    Essentially it’s the album with a T-shirt bundled.
    But it’s all together in a box similar to the 45s released a few years ago.
    I don’t know how limited these are. But I bought the only one that the store near me actually had in stock

14. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

Génial!

15. Something which costs a company thousands and thousands of $$ is a "simple mistake" and no one would lose their job over it? This isn't mis pricing a Happy Meal by a dollar at a McDonalds by a pimply faced teenager. Lol. And whoever supervises their online pricing is probably a corporate executive of some kind, not some union worker working on an assembly line.

16. But if they did that, how would they have the time to keep tabs on USPS and UPS with minute-by-minute status of the delivery of said junk, and - perhaps more importantly - rating the packing.

NaturalD and Stanley1970 like this.
  17. So it's possible that some Ozark backwoodsman with a still in the mountains is listening to Abbey Road outtakes and enjoying your box set....
    this river don't go to Aintree...squeal like a pig!

boggs likes this.
  18. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

I doubt the people who input pricing onto web pages are company execs, it was more likely an IT tech that made a typo. A reprimandable mistake at most. Amazon are worth billions, pretty sure they can take the hit.

19. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Careful George, you'll offend the pimply faced teenager, and Ozark backwoodsmen coalitions. :laugh:

Jimijam, Jack and boggs like this.
  20. I was talking about the supervisor of the department who would oversee such operations. Think manager of a ballcub. But whatever.

Myke likes this.
  21. fini

fini Forum Resident

Did anyone besides me take advantage of the Target deal I posted yesterday (buy 2, get one free)? I've got a ton of AR Anniversary products (still on the way) to sell, or as gifts.

22. Nope, don't see a need to buy multiple copies of the same expensive box set, especially considering these arent exactly rare hard to find boxes that quickly go OOP. The Pepper and WA super deluxe boxes are still pretty easily available. Not interested in hoarding. Plus, wouldn't be surprised to see them offered at nice discounts at some places before the holidays.

ispace likes this.
  23. Stan94

Stan94 Senior Member

I placed my order at Amazon.fr on Thursday evening, my box arrived today at noon. Yes, on a Sunday. The missus ordered the vinyl box at the same time with Prime, she still hasn’t heard a word from Amazon.

24. CraigBic

CraigBic Forum Resident

My Amazon UK order got totally bungled. From the sounds of things the driver took it to the wrong house. They tell me they sent the driver back so it’ll be interesting to see what happens if anything.

coffeetime likes this.
  25. BuckNaked

BuckNaked Senior Member

You are living in the sh.tv bubble! Amazon lists tens of millions of items on their site. Pricing mistakes must occur all the time. Just because we're Beatle fanatics, we were all focused on the Abbey Road release. That X number of SDEs were sold with a pricing error through their Canada affiliate doesn't even register in their larger scheme of things. I'm sure such anomalies are tracked with certain targets of xx.xx% of pricing errors tolerated within a given window, etc. Totally different scenario if this had occurred at BullMoose or another independent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.