Abbey Road 50th Anniversary Edition Price and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Octavian, Aug 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henrik Jutbring

Henrik Jutbring Forum Resident

My amazon.fr package with the 3CD/1BD and the 3LP boxes shipped the 27th. Amazon announced delayed arrival today (3rd-9th October). I live in Sweden and I track the package to Danmark... It won’t be Long

2. Jimmy Shell

Jimmy Shell Active Member

Still waiting in Australia for importcds. Shipped on the 26th but no trackimg updates since the 29th. Anyone else in the same boat?

ispace likes this.
  3. ispace

ispace Senior Member

Yep, mine was shipped on the 24th & hasn’t arrived in Sydney yet.

4. mavisgold

mavisgold Senior Member

went to the PO today to see what the problem was
    package was just sitting at there
    no explanation of the what the issue was :shrug:
    shipping label was perfect

clerk decided he would check on it on his own initiative without me asking :wave:

5. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  6. vinylfilmaholic

vinylfilmaholic Forum Resident

Not sure which of the many Abbey Road remaster threads that I should post this in but hopefully you guys can help out...I'm deciding whether I should just get the 2-CD sets for the remix albums or should I really spring for the super deluxe sets? I'm a decent Beatles fan and am not sure how often I'll spin all those alternate takes but if they really do offer a greater experience overall then I'll do it. What say you all?

7. Jimmy Shell

I'm disappiinted with importcds. I ordered some jazz cds a couple of months ago and they took no time to get to Australia but Abbey Road super deluxe which I ordered on the first day it became available for preorder has only just left the U.S. Very frustrating
    I had the same issue with the White Album. Any Australians have other online stores they would recommend that are comparable in price?

8. SJR

SJR Big Boss Man

Where in Australia are you?

9. Jimmy Shell

Just south of Sydney. It has just landed in Sydney so I guess in the grand scheme of things it hasn't taken too long. I just can't understand why I got a message from importcds on the 23rd confirming shipment but it doesn't actually end up in a plane to Australia until 4th October.

SJR likes this.
  10. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

Heard UK sales were around 12k it's first week and 75-80k in the US. Based on those numbers possibly a #1 chart position in both countries. Not sure how sales compare to SP and the WA.

11. Tony LeMesmer

Tony LeMesmer Forum Resident

Pre-orders were well up compared to SP & WA

vinylbeat likes this.
  12. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Looks like #1 in the UK and probably #3 in the USA.

13. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

When it cones to their prices, I find inportcds.com hard to beat.
    And their international shipping rates are reasonable.
    That being said, the delay can be infuriaring.
    If I really want to get something ASAP, they are not an option.
    As for back catalog, however, pretty much my go-to.
    When the new Tool album was announced, I ordered it from them.
    Received my copy last Thursday.

For any music that I want on the day of release, I'll pay a little more and buy it in person from a local music store.

14. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

First week UK sales difference between 50 years.

Abbey Road 1969 #1 UK 190k copies sold
    Abbey Road 2019 #1 UK 12k copies sold

15. Tony LeMesmer

Tony LeMesmer Forum Resident

That seems really low for both years!

16. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

I thought so too. 12k in the UK might be mid-week figures. I think it sold over a million in 69' it's first week in the US. 75-80k for the 50th edition this past week.

17. SJR

SJR Big Boss Man

Yeah, it's so frustrating — being here in Australia usually means waiting longer, unless you pay a fortune for international priority shipping from overseas. I personally haven't used importcds.

Anyway, the reason I asked is that I walked into one of my local record stores last Friday (release day) and got the Deluxe Box. There were multiple copies (of all formats) that were sitting in a big shipment box that was just being opened as I arrived. Now surely most (big) music stores around Australia would have received stock in time for release day so we don't always have to pre-order and wait every time there is a big worldwide release. We usually miss out listening alongside other people around the world and by the time we get it the hype/furore has died down — this is the part that really sucks.

In contrast to this year, last year I got the White Album online from the USA (paying a little extra for shipping), which took just over a week, and the year before I got Pepper from The Beatles website which took a couple of weeks to arrive.

18. kavie87

kavie87 Forum Resident

Located in Sydney and received my package from CCMusic this morning (Saturday). I noticed a little bit of movement on my tracking (still doesn't say delivered). Be paitent it will arrive to you soon :)

19. sethICE

sethICE Forum Resident

My Amazon.fr order of the 4 disc box and the vinyl box arrived today by UPS, several days earlier than they had projected. The box it came in was pretty much destroyed, and partly open. There was no inner box, although there were sealed air cushions in it. Miraculously, both boxes appear to be completely undamaged and I'm now enjoying the music!

boggs likes this.
  20. ns2357

ns2357 Well-Known Member

Does anybody know if I can get JUST a copy of the blu ray with the Atmos mix? I'm really curious and wanting to hear it, but I don't want to buy the entire set (especially since I want to buy the vinyl set - no way I'm buying both). Or maybe some of you anti-surround-sounders (I know you exist) who don't care about complete sets (I'm not sure you exist) wouldn't mind selling me their copy? Wish there were an even more deluxe vinyl set that comes with the blu ray, too

21. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

9000 copies on vinyl sold in the UK with about an additional 5k on CD. I haven't heard how many on vinyl have sold in the US. But I think 75-80k combined sales in the US is the sales figure.

22. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

When you hit 50 posts, you have access to the marketplace where you can post to the classifieds. There are people on both sides of your situation - some wanting the Blu Ray only, some wanting everything except the Blu Ray, etc. So you could either buy the set and sell off the pieces you don’t want - ideally as one bundle but in bits and pieces if need be, or post a WTB ad for the Blu Ray and see who might have an extra. You do have to post a price for all ads though, whether selling or a WTB ad.

Electric Sydney likes this.
  23. ns2357

ns2357 Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks for the tip! Managed to find a digital copy to download, but I can only get the DTS mix to play - and I want the physical blu ray, anyway - shame they don't sell it as a stand alone

24. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Nope. Gotta buy the SDE to get the Blu-ray.

25. Rigoberto

Rigoberto Forum Resident

Looks like my Blu-ray, etc. has arrived from Japan but is being held hostage at the post office awaiting a signature. Well, that's what I have a signature-on-file for. Not that it ever seems to do me any good.

audiomixer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.