Abbey Road 50th contents, outtakes and sound quality thread .. only

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by audiotom, Aug 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

I said nothing about emptying the archives. Only that writing about "newly found" tapes (that remain IN the archives) in a new release booklet is there purely for future marketing purposes. Otherwise, what's the point of saying something like that at all? As for not needing the money... perhaps true, but there's future revenue streams for family to consider. Not to mention continuing and perhaps expanding their legacy for years, even decades into the future. My best guess is that Paul, Ringo and the estates don't want to release "crap" so we tend to get fully formed outtakes or in some cases outtakes with elements of other takes flown in to make said outtake appear fuller and "almost" ready for release. Rough and tumble outtakes are therefore left in the archives. No question the extended versions of You Never Give Me Your Money and Something were left off (or vetoed) this new set for this reason. Of course, interesting to many us, but in fact, quite rambling and not particularly well played. I imagine the same is true for the "lost" solo version of Here Comes The Sun. Dhani and George Martin were surprised it was ON the master (left unused) but neither said it was an inspirational solo that demanded to be heard either. Ron

2. Deacon Blues

Deacon Blues Forum Resident

Millennial checking in. Although, more so zennial

applejam101 likes this.
  3. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

The time is now. This millennial believes that whole heartedly.

These big decisions on deluxe reissues + outtakes should be made now while at least Paul and Ringo are still with us.

John Bliss, applejam101, aina and 2 others like this.
  4. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

Based on that clip, it appears that Ringos drums come in a but early. The remix sounds pretty good overall, but these careless attention to detail mistakes really mar the remixes.

5. Lemon Curry

Lemon Curry (A) Face In The Crowd

Welcome, brother. You have a torch to carry forward.

Bern and Pretty.Odd. like this.
  6. hidlive

hidlive made you look

it's a fun idea! can't be done in real life. first of all, people would still complain about stuff like "my bootlegged take of Take 14 of This Boy is 2 seconds longer than the one on streaming services! Don't edit the outtakes!". Second, how could this be achieved without Apple going immediately bankrupt? are we talking about a subscription based service? because having access to all of this would probably be crazy expensive. The 'stems' idea seems the most likely of all of this, except it would probably be a single lesser-known track, and you could only mix in a flash program. Macca did it with Monkberry Moon Delight.

beatleroadie, jmxw and MPLRecords like this.
  7. Ern

Ern Senior Member

Just because is different, does't mean it's a mistake!
    The drums like they are on the original, are there, and they enter the song in the same place, on the new remix there's some extra beats that maybe are on the master, and they decided to use it.

Lluis and marklamb like this.
  8. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

A good friend of mine who is a "casual" Beatles/Solo fan who admits that he "sadly gave up physical media" 5 years ago due to a big move out west, is slowly considering returning to the fold (his words).

He passed on the Pepper & White Album big boxes and the last 5 years of Macca Archives boxes. He is wondering if the AR50 box this Friday should be the one that aesthetically and sonically will return him to the joy of physical music box sets.

He likes what he has heard of the 3 already released remixes and likes that he can order from Amazon and have it arrive on the release date as well.

I told him to set up an account on here if he needs more convincing...…..:hide:

jammincrowe, Who Cares, aina and 3 others like this.
  9. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Glad I could put some of my "old music trivia" knowledge to practical use.

:shtiphat:

mikecarrera likes this.
  10. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

jmxw likes this.
  11. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

Do you do him a favour or no, I am not sure.... ;)

Wingsfan2012 and planckera like this.
  12. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

And Alright, Ok, You Win was part of their early repertoire.

The Ole' Rocker, jmxw and mikecarrera like this.
  13. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Been listening for week now, while I like the set, I still find it a little abbreviated. But it sounds great and there are some good cuts in here. I’m glad @mikecarrera was able to do a review! Looking forward to everyone’s thoughts and criticisms after the release. As always, thanks to friends for taking care of me!

14. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Lol people were looking for the big promotional push. It's selfies!

15. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

“Selfies” ? I’m away on vacation, am I missing something?

green_ovation likes this.
  16. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

Oh maccawings, stay innocent as long as you can! Don’t let it taint you

17. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

ROTFL! Ok, I will spare myself...thanks!

drum_cas and Exotiki like this.
  18. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

25 year old millennial here!

Exotiki and Lemon Curry like this.
  19. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Well.... ain't she sweet? :cool:

Exotiki likes this.
  20. BuCo

BuCo A guy who can't have enough Super Deluxe box sets

I love how Paul says "It's his own fault for getting a house in such a lousy district!" after the noise complaint made during the "I Want You" outtake :laugh:

21. Lemon Curry

Keep reporting in!

Exotiki and Pretty.Odd. like this.
  22. teebo911

teebo911 The Professor

While I would LOVE unrestricted access to the original multis (even if in lo-fi mono, I just want to hear the takes), I'd welcome them doing a podcast where they address various Beatles mysteries/myths. For example, playing the vocal overdub sessions for Come Together to show it is really Paul. Solve a lot of the "who sang what" and "what's that sound". They wouldn't need to play an entire take (though I'd welcome it) but just bits and pieces. They could take requests.

23. thrivingonariff

thrivingonariff Forum Resident

Just play the clip at the link that I posted, then play the originally released song. It's the same.

Shaddam IV and Gila like this.
  24. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

The Sunking outtake sounds slightly disappointing if The Vocals can hardly be heard ? Was looking forward to that one, has does it sound?

marklamb likes this.
  25. Lemon Curry

There wouldn't be any Beatle threads after that! Other than "I totally disagree with the pod cast..."

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    Lewisboogie, hidlive and beatleroadie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.