Abbey Road 50th contents, outtakes and sound quality thread .. only

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by audiotom, Aug 9, 2019.

1. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

I think somewhat randomly is what we will get, but we will get two per year, probably smaller sets. 2CD/1BR without a huge book, but a nice booklet about the sessions nonetheless. 2LP sets, too.

I could see Please Please Me with the full Decca Audition on CD2, With the Beatles with audio from the Washington DC show on CD2, A Hard Days Night with a few alt-takes and the movie's incidental music on CD2...then starting with Beatles for Sale we have more legit alternate takes for every album so that shouldn't be hard to make a bonus disc.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  2. Kristofferabild

Kristofferabild Forum Resident

Is this a half speed remaster? I can't find any info on what recent Beatles remaster are half speed?

3. KirkK

KirkK Forum Resident

It’s an entirely new mix, not a remaster.

JediJoker likes this.
  4. Kristofferabild

Sorry, new mix then. But was this cut at half speed?

5. Goldy

Goldy Forum Resident

Yes, by Miles Showell at Abbey Road.

JediJoker and Kristofferabild like this.
  6. Kristofferabild

Thanks. Where did you see this?
    And White Album and Sct. Pepper as well?

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  7. Goldy

Goldy Forum Resident

My copy of Abbey Road 50th Anniversary has "Miles Abbey Road 1/2 Speed" in the deadwax.

JediJoker and Kristofferabild like this.
  8. Kristofferabild

Just checked my Sct. Pepper and White Album and you are indeed right! Both say "1/2 speed remastered"

9. supermd

supermd Forum Resident

I've never seen this image before. I like it.

[​IMG]

10. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

Real nice alternate shot of the pic sleeve shot for "Ballad Of..."...actually, quite nicer.

11. Haggischomper

Haggischomper Forum Resident

It just became the background on my phone. Lovely picture.

12. RockyMTnLeg Shaver

RockyMTnLeg Shaver Active Member

I am a fan of The Beatles (who isn't) but as I am only 40 years old it is not something I grew up with other than the songs on the radio or in movies. I think if you are also in that camp you will love the remixes of Abbey Road, as well as, the white album, and Sgt. Pepper's. I could see that if you have a long past with these albums that the recent remixes could be off-putting. I've read a lot of reviews on these (probably too many) and I think these re-issues are tastefully done, but modernized in spots. Not overwhelming so, but noticeable if you have a long history with the album. That seems to be somewhat the consensus. On the quality side, all the recent anniversary re-issues of The Beatles by Giles Martin are flat and dead quiet on my system. And most importantly when I put these on the turntable my wife smiles. Sometimes that's all you need.

13. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

I wish the band had done a photoshoot like this with Billy Preston for the Get Back single.

fer2, DK Pete, Petrofsk and 1 other person like this.
  14. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

Loved that line. No expert's negative review can give you one single reason that trumps that.