Abbey Road CP35-3016 black-triangle CD

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by Dave C, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave C

Dave C Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

3. Dave C

Yeah - I just read through that thread. From that I take it as 'the real deal', but maybe over priced.

4. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

Thats exactly what I thought too Dave :agree:

If you are seriously looking for one-it's always worth putting a Want To Buy thread in the classifieds. You might be pleasantly surprised..especially near Christmas (those Transformer toys aren't cheap!). Just remember to put your price in , that which you are willing to pay. Good Luck

5. Dave C

I guess I'm not that seriously looking yet. I'll wait for the upcoming remasters a while longer :angel: (not to start that discussion here)

There's a bunch more CDs I'm looking for that $199 could buy.

6. mark f.

mark f. Senior Member

$200 isn't bad if its in near mint condition. It looks very nice and the seller did a nice job of photographing it. I'd ask him about the condition of the playing surface (ask specifically about marks or scuffs) and if it sounds nice offer $150.

7. Claviusb

Claviusb A Serious Man

That's the real deal? The font on the "A" looks wrong to me. I thought the legs of the "A" changed angles and became boxy on the legit CDs?

8. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

It seems weird that the seller is in Canada but the item is in Hong Kong.

9. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

That has shown to be true on the 17A1 matrix. AFAIK the 17A1 is the only one out there that has been shown to have been 'faked'.

Those out there with a different matrix will have to chime in about the 'A' shape on their discs.

From Chris' website it looks like the 3016-1 1A1 has a teepee shaped 'A' and the 15, 17, 20 A1's all have the 'stepped' A.
    http://www.moptop.org/music/docs/beatles/cv/cd-japan/cp35-3016.htm

The last eBay one went for 180USD I believe and was bought by a Forum member (I also bid on that disc). One hour after the auction closed I got one here in the Classified's for 80USD (with much commenting from other members :) ).

Is it worth 200$ - up to you really. It is a fine sounding disc though.

I'm not sure about the Canadian eBayer drop shipping from Hong Kong or whatever he is doing (as David points out above)?
    That might be why it has not been snapped up. He's had 3 eBay id's since joining in 1999 so maybe he moved....

10. Claviusb

Claviusb A Serious Man

Thanks for pointing out that the "A" is different on other matrixes for me, Paul. Your picture was the first thing most of us probably thought about. I won my copy off of eBay a few months ago and had to get the infamous "17A" matrix. Luckily, thanks to your image, I could confirm the CD was real.

If anybody is wondering about his legitimacy, I think the seller is real, I just wondered if he accidentally bought a fake and was trying to sell it. For what it's worth, when I won my copy, he was the bidder I beat. I looked at his profile and the time and wondered about the Canada/Hong Kong thing...

11. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Good call on this one Paul.

I've looked at my two 17A1's and one 15A1 and the "A"s all have the 'stepped' A and not the 'teepee' shaped A. I wouldn't take a chance on this one.

But, if someone more adventurous wants to take a chance, I'd like to know what the outcome is.

12. Dave C

I wouldn't mind a copy of this disc, but not with the asking price and the unknowns discussed here.

When I'm ready for a copy, I'll post in the Classifieds here. :righton:

13. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

Since this is the 1A1 matrix I believe (from the photos) that it is the correct 'A' for that matrix number. I would contact the seller ref the descrepancy between item location and 'apparent' seller location though :)

A bit high for my blood also. :shh:

14. Dave C

I inquired about the condx of the disc...the reply was:

"Hi, I can see very light/superficial scratches on the disc at certain angle, it's probably left when previous owner tried to clean the disc? Thanks for your interest."

Like I said earlier....I think I'll pass

15. fatcat28037

fatcat28037 Forum Resident

16. mark f.

mark f. Senior Member

That's the real thing. I have the exact same disc. Definitely worth making an offer. Nothing to lose depending on what you want to pay.

17. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

18. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Guys, this disc is legit. It's not a CBS/Sony pressing, so the matrix code font should not be compared with legit 17A1, 31, 31A2, etc. discs. It is absolutely legit.

19. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

Isn't the seller of the 1A1 a member here? Or maybe I'm just running into him on eBay a lot recently.

Honestly, a 100-150+ offer for that first disc is not out of the question these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.