ABC, Sara Gilbert and cast in talks to reboot “Roseanne” centered around Darlene

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Jun 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

a bit torn on this idea and gilbert to me no longer seems able to carry a sitcom herself

Duke Fame likes this.
  2. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

Did she ever?

Duke Fame, shokhead and rburly like this.
  3. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Wasn't that her job and she was paid to do that?

4. Ginger Ale

Ginger Ale Snackophile

Didn't they kill him off in the first series??? :confused:

5. Schoolmaster Bones

Schoolmaster Bones Poe's Lawyer

Some regulars here just can't help themselves. Threads like this are flypaper.

Grant and rburly like this.
  6. shokhead

Do they still make flypaper?

7. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Perhaps we are not privy to all goings-on and animosity that could have led up to that which we are privy to...?

8. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

Roseanne has opioid overdose, Jackie moves in to help with the kids.

9. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Hey, that's a good idea for the spinoff! It would tie the two shows together and make sense.

Matthew Tate and driverdrummer like this.
  10. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Yup!

shokhead likes this.
  11. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

The last episode that aired had Roseanne getting ready to schedule surgery to replace her knee(s). She has been abusing prescription medication for the pain. She dies on the operating table from unforeseen medical issues. The character IS north of 60 and has been historically overweight, not a stretch really.

I still think ABC and the remaining cast needs to just walk away.

The past is a nice place to visit, but certainly not a good place to stay.

Kyhl, Grant and driverdrummer like this.
  12. I miss watching the re-runs every morning. Well, of the first few seasons.
    Now it has been replaced with Full House.

:rolleyes:

timind likes this.
  13. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

[​IMG]

905 likes this.
  14. Duke Fame

Duke Fame Sold out the Enormodome

I'm not referring to bringing the show back without her. I'm talking about them trying to capitalize on her name and her show without her profiting from it, which is what ABC is evidently trying to do. That seems like spite to me.

15. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

One of my favorite episodes of Roseanne doesn't actually feature very much if any of Roseanne in it.
    It wasn't her show, and the new show won't be using her name. She won't have to worry about any show ever using her name again I don't think...

16. Duke Fame

Duke Fame Sold out the Enormodome

I believe she owns a piece of the show and is at least a co-creator. Which brings up the question of having a show based on those characters as well. It's certainly an interesting story just from the business/contract side of things. Would love to be a fly on the wall in the ABC legal department.

17. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Yes.

I think something will be worked out that everyone will be in favor of. Roseanne will get paid to go away, ABC will do a spinoff to try to justify what they've paid the cast, and hope that the spinoff finds an audience.

Duke Fame likes this.
  18. shokhead

Maybe she doesn't want the money and would rather have it her on the show or no show at all.

19. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

She's going to need the money. She's not going to have very many revenue streams in the future anymore. Who would hire her for anything? She's failed at everything else she's tried (Talk show, Reality show, etc).

AKA likes this.
  20. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

well she did have several great guest appearances in other sitcoms like my name is earl and the office

21. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Well I don't think that's going to be happening again anytime soon...

timind and AKA like this.
  22. If ABC had announced a year ago that they were starting a new series starring John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf and Sara Gilbert everybody would have predicted big ratings. I still think they can carry a series just fine without Roseanne. They always took on real life situations on that show. As others have suggested, a chronically overweight and pill-popping senior citizen dying is pretty realistic. So kill her character. I think if Roseanne had died in real life right about now that's what they would do and continue without her and everyone would be fine with that.

As far as having to pay the real Roseanne to continue the show - it's Hollywood. They want the $$$, they'll find a way. Maybe setup an anonymous production company that funnels the money to her in a way nobody notices.

wayne66 and ralphb like this.
  23. shokhead

Roseanne Barr net worth and salary: Roseanne Barr is an American comedian, actress, writer, television producer, and director who has a net worth of $80 million. Roseanne Cherrie Barr was born in Salt Lake City, Utah, in November 1952.
    Roseanne Barr Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

Re: paying Roseanne. No matter what she said, she did the work of co-creating that show based on her character, so she should get paid for it.

Duke Fame and wayne66 like this.
  25. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Net Worth dose not equal actual liquid assets nor available cash or future income. Her "net worth" is considerably less now than it was two weeks ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.