AC/DC Album By Album Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by erikdavid5000, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

For me ACDC is a band that was never less than good. So in their incredibly long carreer the ranged from good to awesome. Now that is a hallmark of quality.

2. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

I've just picked up the first two Rose Tattoo albums. Incredibly powerful rock 'n' roll with that great Vanda and Young sound. I had CD copies of them both but the vinyl is something else. Really loud cuts.

3. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Very true and they've always sounded like AC/DC. No experimental crap or rubbish instruments!

80steen, The Doga and The Gomper like this.
  4. KAJ1971

KAJ1971 Ex-burger flipper/Sapper/book seller, Reg Nurse.

I bought the Assault & Battery LP in Cardiff in about ‘90. Great LP. Caught the train with a bunch of fellow squaddies who all went straight to the pub. They were like, where you going? Record shop, where else? :D Heard their Blood Brothers from ‘07 which is excellent too.

The Doga and Man at C&A like this.
  5. The Doga

The Doga SHMF’s Number 1 AC/DC Fan

Just recently bought that album myself, actually. Not their best, tbh, but still a good album. :righton:

KAJ1971 and Man at C&A like this.
  6. Haggischomper

Haggischomper Scottish AF

Got PWR/UP on in the car again today, first time in a wee while. Still hitting the spot.

7. Digital Morphine

Digital Morphine Forum Resident

Nice one, man!
    That first album is way underrated. It's probably my second favorite hard rock studio album of all time, next to Powerage, and my third behind the recordings that make up If You Want Blood. I don't know if it's coincidence they were all recorded in the same year.
    'Remedy' is one of the most badass rock songs ever to be commited to tape and one of my favorite songs of all time. Mick Cocks is so underated as a rythmn player...his downpicking is killer....any guitarists wanna get back to me and tell me how how you get on with Remedy, Suicide City & All The Lessons, feel free. Love 'em.....that first albums been with me since I was a kid! Play it loud!
    TFFT.

8. TryioToast

TryioToast Forum Resident

Just replying to a conversation about three pages back.
    I'm a massive AC/DC nut, I've spent more time than I care to admit over at the acdc forum (Toast is my name there).
    Genuinely I think Donnington is great but when compared to the others, it fails to live up to standard. Why? I can't stand overdubs and well Donnington is extremely rich with them - only the Brazilian VHS comes close to rectifying that, but even then has overdubs. I believe a thread is in existence over at fans.net that has song by song file comparisons

The Doga likes this.
  9. The Doga

I tried to join that website, but they rejected my application, or it wasn’t verified... I don’t know, tbh. I was supposed to get an email confirming membership, but I never did.

10. redfloatboat

redfloatboat Forum Resident

Rose Tattoo were a bit of a novelty. A lead vocalist, very short, covered in tatts, bald, with 'Little Man Syndrome.'
    Fans will disagree, but without Angry Anderson looking and portraying himself in the way he did[i'm a little tough guy] they really wouldn't of gotten as much exposure, c'mon.

11. TryioToast

Try again if you're into acdc a lot - they should accept now

12. The Doga

To be honest, those kind of fan sites can be full of ignorant trolls that can cause useless fights, and so despite being a massive fan of Australia’s greatest band, I’ve decided the website is not for me.

13. Jem

Jem Forum Resident

Alright Toasty!

.net has always been a tight ship. No trolls there.

14. TryioToast

We need you back there Jem, we miss ya. No trolls there though that's for sure.

I'm curious as to what people thing the future business model of AC/DC is going to be?
    Will it be an archive release system comparable with The Who and Stones? Or will they remain very closed book on archive releases like Zep

15. The Doga

Seeing as I’m useless when it comes to posting pictures on here, I thought I’d instead post a video from my own YouTube channel of me showing off my AC/DC cassette collection. This is for those who wish to see it!:righton:

Digital Morphine likes this.
  16. Bluepicasso

Bluepicasso Android Confused

Thanks for this. Had the Australian 80s blue-typed face of High Voltage and Let There Be Rock during a visit to Australia to see family in 82. Disappeared years ago. Still wish the Australian versions would be all region releases. No reason for that 74 Jailbreak thing as they could have fleshed that out to an album with the other songs pulled off. They were released on Backtracks, but many people do not even know that exists.

The MEZ and The Doga like this.
  17. 80steen

80steen John McClane

Those are GNR fans lol.
    I enjoyed Brian more at first because as a kid I was used to his sound and loved Back In Black, For Those About To Rock and Flick Of The Switch albums my brother played. Bon was a bit creepy for me back then but again, I was a kid and he had just recently died. Had I been a fan when he was alive my experience would have been totally different and his voice would have sounded fun and humorous. I of course grew up and learned to love Bon's voice but I still don't think it's any better than Brian during 80, 81 and 83 it's just different, After 83 Brian seemed to lose his edge, probably due to signing like that for so long live. Same thing happened to Plant during Zeppelin's run.

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    erikdavid5000 likes this.
  18. The Doga

Thank you! :righton:

19. The Doga

For those who wish to see some of my LP collection; I hope there’s no objection.

20. Damage INC

Damage INC Forum Resident

Great thread on one of my favourite bands of all time, read it front to back. AC/DC were my first Rock band that I really got into, hearing songs like Highway To Hell, Back In Black and Thunderstruck constantly being played on the radio and at big events peaked my interest, and sent me down the rabbit hole of Rock and Metal.

Really enjoyed Power Up, some very memorable songs and the whole band sounds great for their age. Rejection, witch's Spell and Demon Fire are my personal highlights, a very fitting tribute to Malcolm. Not sure what they have left but I hope I get to see them tour over here in the not too distant future one more time.

21. The Doga

Part 2 of my LP collection, showing off my copies of the international pressings. Again, for those who are interested, thanks!:righton:

Queezma, Anno and Damage INC like this.
  22. The Doga

And here’s Part 3 of my collection, again for those who wish to see it! :righton:

Damage INC likes this.
  23. The Doga

And now; for those who’ve yet to see a video featuring the 1980’s Volume 1 & 2 Box Sets from Australia, I showcase my copies in this video here:

Hootsmon and John Fell like this.
  24. The Doga

And this video is for those who wanna see my 7’ and 12’ collection, as well as some bonus items from my average sized AC/DC collection.

Hootsmon likes this.
  25. Hootsmon

Hootsmon Forum Resident

Good work. I've been enjoying your review of your collection.
    I was waiting for Thunderstruck to appear after That's the Way....but you skipped straight onto Are You Ready. No luck.
    How hard, or easy, is it to find 12" singles in decent condition in Oz these days?

The Doga likes this.