AC/DC Let There Be Rock: The Movie – Live in Paris

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by TommyTunes, Sep 26, 2021.

1. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member Thread Starter

I really wish that they would do a vinyl release of the set included in the Bonfire box.
    I’m only a fan of the Bon Scott era, went to see the movie when it came out and thought it really captured them live. Play the CD set all the time but would love to have it on vinyl.
    They don’t seem to be taking advantage of the vinyl resurgence past the stock catalog titles.

ODShowtime, J_D__, The Doga and 5 others like this.
  2. Sebastian saglimbenI

Sebastian saglimbenI Forum Resident

I am sorry if this is off topic but maybe you could answer a c.d. related question.i found a 2 c.d. set of this movie entitled "LET THERE BE ROCK-THE MOVIE-LIVE IN PARIS".....Do you know if is legit?It is an "ew" label release....no barcode.thanks for any information.

Detroit Rock Citizen likes this.
  3. Bluepicasso

Bluepicasso Android Confused

One of the greatest live albums and film/video album. Should be an instruction video for all bands to learn from.

Bucks, J_D__, marklamb and 2 others like this.
  4. Detroit Rock Citizen

Detroit Rock Citizen RetroDawg Digital

did it look like this? The original box had it in a two jewel case single size pack. It wouldn't have a barcode because the barcode was on the outside of the box
    [​IMG]

5. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

Excellent documentation of the Highway To Hell tour and I do wish it would come out on vinyl, AC/DC needs to to a total reissue of there discography including the Australian releases.

6. Detroit Rock Citizen

I prefer that Radio show myself, I can't even imagine how much the original LP is going for.

7. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

This needs to be complete as well

Glasgow Apollo 1978

8. Sebastian saglimbenI

Sebastian saglimbenI Forum Resident

Yes that is it!thanks....I didn't realize it was part of a bigger box set.

9. Detroit Rock Citizen

10. BRush

BRush Senior Member

I mastered the Movie for DVD while I was working at Warner Bros. It was one of the most difficult and longest projects I worked on. Warner Bros has poor quality 35mm elements to work with, I spent 14 years trying to get the 16 Original Negative out of a lab in Paris. The producer of the film declared bankruptcy & French Law claimed he was still the owner of that Negative. I had lawyers working on it, they threw their hands up. We wound up paying him a tidy sum. I believe the only audio source is mono. The Original Theatrical & VHS release just split the one track in half, low frequencies on the left, high frequencies on the right. I went back to the mono source for the DVD Release, called in an old friend, who remixed it into a Psuedo 2-track Stereo. Unfortunately I was unable to complete the project, as I was laid off before the DVD was released. Someone decided to use the old mix, with the Low Frequencies/High Frequencies for the 2-Track Stereo Source. My restored 2-Track was converted into a 5.1 mix. The 16mm Negative was beautiful and the DVD looks great, but I was very disappointed Warner Bros messed with my audio track. Glad it finally got released. It was a labor of love.

Bucks, jumpinjulian, dee and 38 others like this.
  11. Detroit Rock Citizen

Thank You SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When it was released it was like getting a Holy Grail

12. The Doga

The Doga SHMF’s Number 1 AC/DC Fan

Wow! The one thing is though… Whoever did the subtitles for the DVD release made multiple screwups, especially when related to lyrics!:realmad:

13. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

The Hammermsith’79 is about my favorite live AC/DC.Most of those other radio shows and soundboards from the Bon years sound really good.I lost track of how much live audio is out there besides what was on the official Plug Me In DVD.The Agora,TN,Florida,San Fransisco,Boston,MD,Ohio,the Netherlands,Australia,all the UK BBC stuff,plenty more.

14. bjlefebvre

bjlefebvre Forum Resident

The lack of Bon-era live stuff on vinyl is killing me. This is exactly what Discogs made much more difficult to find when they stopped allowing sales of "unofficial" stuff. I see some LPs for the 1979 Maryland show but have no clue as to quality. I keep hearing how good the Paris show was - I just picked up a double CD copy on eBay for $15, will have to upload it to my computer and stream it via Roon.

The Doga likes this.
  15. Padre69

Padre69 Forum Resident

Was the restored LTBR released on blu ray too?

16. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

There was a bluray released, but I can't speak as to the extent of the restoration efforts.

AC/DC - Let There Be Rock

17. Rockin' Robby

Rockin' Robby Gettin' down so low I'm below ground!

There is a thread somewhere on here that talks about it...fairly extensive efforts.

18. VinylRichieUK

VinylRichieUK Forum Resident

I was actually thinking the other day about why this, Live From Atlantic Studios & Volts have never had a Vinyl release, they could release a Bonfire Box Set but have all the LPs in their own individual covers with inside sleeves, no need to include Back In Black in it, maybe a couple of LPs with unreleased shows on them.

Live In Paris is good but doesn't touch If You Want Blood in my opinion, just a pity If You Want Blood isn't a full gig and the tracks are in the wrong order to what was actually played.

19. The Doga

Could say the same about Backtracks as well - and no, the bonus vinyl in the deluxe edition doesn’t count.

20. VinylRichieUK

VinylRichieUK Forum Resident

Would love some Brian era 80's shows on Vinyl, Largo 1981, Houston Summit 1983, Rock In Rio 1985, Austin 1985, Dallas 1985, Irvine Meadows 1986, Melbourne 1988 for example.

nodeerforamonth likes this.
  21. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member Thread Starter

Of all the shows I’ve seen I really wish I could remember the 1977 AC/DC show I saw. They opened for either Rainbow or Thin Lizzy saw the show but have no recollection of it.

Rockin' Robby and Buddybud like this.
  22. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

To be honest being on record or not means nothing to me....
    What I would really like to see/get, is the concert video edited to just be the concert, get rid of the crap, and give us the full concert video

The Doga, bjlefebvre and Buddybud like this.
  23. The Doga

T.N.T. wasn’t filmed, however. The directors didn’t like the song.

mark winstanley likes this.
  24. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

It's more that I hate concerts with interruptions. That alone spoils Let There Be Rock as a concert film...

The Doga likes this.
  25. The Doga

Okay. I assume you’re the same with The Last Stand?

mark winstanley likes this.