AC/DC New Album "Power Up" And Tour 2020

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dark Horse 77, Jan 20, 2020.

1. aladdinziggydogs

aladdinziggydogs Forum Resident

Got the cd today from asda for just a tenner, only played it once so far really like it:edthumbs:
    Only thing is if they have to use a digipack don't put it in one that you have to pull the cd out of the centre as they are a nightmare and rip easy:realmad:

2. Gus Tomato

Gus Tomato Stop dreamin’ and start drivin’ Stevie!

I’m paying twice that for an Argentinian version with a jewel case.

3. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

My copy I bought at Walmart came in a jewel case.

Tim 2 likes this.
  4. Neilson77

Neilson77 Forum Resident

It's a real shame they haven't really played any Flick of the Switch tracks live for a long time. Very underrated album!

QQQ, Tim 2, Kim Olesen and 3 others like this.
  5. Gus Tomato

Gus Tomato Stop dreamin’ and start drivin’ Stevie!

Yeah I read there is an American version with a jewel case. I’m in Ireland - no Walmarts here. I probably won’t get it till January but it’ll be worth it instead of a wretched digipak.

fretter and Matthew Tate like this.
  6. Goldtop33

Goldtop33 Forum Resident

SUL sounds fantastic in terms of the production, it’s loaded with filler though.
    I’d love to have Ballbreaker produced to sound like SUL.

Count Orfloff and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

Yeah, I don't understand why any artist or label would use that package design. Make it a top loader or even side loader digipack the industry standard.

Jimmy B. likes this.
  8. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Guys, that is not a digipack (as I understand it). That is a mini-LP sleeve. A digipack comes with a tray that the CD sits on (I posted about this earlier with a photo).

9. pmdclassics

pmdclassics Forum Resident

Have to give the boys credit, I am on my 5th listen and it just keeps sounding better. Amazing to me at this point in their career that they still can come out with such a fresh sounding album that souns like it came out right after Back in Black. Very few bands can capture their original "classic" sound of the glory days like AC/DC. PWR/UP gets all the stars checked for me. Furthermore its mastered right....very loud and detailed.

10. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

Don’t like the mastering/mixing choices on the drums BUT it is so great to hear theseold men rocking out just the way it is supposed to be. If this is their last album, they sure went out on a high note.

blind_melon1, pmdclassics and twicks like this.
  11. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

I like the way both albums sound, but I happen to like the sound of Ballbreaker more. Love the way guitars and drums sound on that one.

12. twicks

twicks Forum Resident

Ballbreaker is probably the driest sounding rock album I've ever heard. I don't dislike it but it sure sounded weird to my teenaged ears at the time.

Count Orfloff and Matthew Tate like this.
  13. Goldtop33

Goldtop33 Forum Resident

it sounds like there’s a layer of mud over the soundstage - particularly Brian’s vocals. Brian’s voice sounds well shot from Fly to Ballbreaker. On SUL it miraculously sounded awesome again

14. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

The improvement in Brian's voice on Stiff Upper Lip was obvious and welcome, indeed.

15. Neilson77

Neilson77 Forum Resident

I wonder if it had anything to do with if he cut down on the cigarettes and whiskey around that period?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

'Roll' has to be up there!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  17. OverEstimatedProphet

OverEstimatedProphet Forum Resident

I thought I'd once read he put too much energy into singing with his throat, and he was slowly shredding it with time. Supposedly on a professional's advice, he's put emphasis on using his diaphragm more, and it's been yielding more positive results. While there's no confusing Brian's vocals with a lounge singer (lol), there does seem to be an added bluesy/boozy quality with his vocals on the last few albums, which he probably couldn't have pulled off with his throat alone. It's been awhile since I'd read this, so anyone can feel free to jump in and correct me :D

18. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

Sterling stamped and it sounds good to me. To be honest I was expecting worse...

[​IMG]

The Trinity, MikeInFla, Tim 2 and 6 others like this.
  19. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

Nice ! :edthumbs:

Vinyl Fan 1973 likes this.
  20. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

Man...I finally picked up the new album (CD) today and I CANNOT STOP LISTENING TO THIS!!! A foot stompin, hand clappin, rockin effort. I had somewhat low expectations (although I really liked Shot In The Dark when it was released) but I can easily say this the most impressed I have been on initial listens since Flick Of The Switch!!

They ultimately owe us nothing, but they sure churned out a winner with this. If this is their last album they have absolutely went out on top!

21. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

It was a long way to the top because they wanted to rock and roll! :D

22. Neilson77

Neilson77 Forum Resident

Does your copy have "RKS" or "JNH" in the deadwax?

23. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

Absolutely. :righton:

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

AMEN & HALLELUJAH!!

Just hopefully not their last album. :D

Queezma likes this.
  25. James_S888

James_S888 Forum Resident

Played the high resolution download on my home system this morning.

WHAT A TERRIFIC RECORD ‍

This is great stuff