Ace Frehley - Origins Vol.2 - Sept 18/2020

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Deuce66, Jul 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andy75

andy75 Forum Resident

Ordered it today. A must buy for me! Love Ace even though 1982-1987 is my favourite Kiss period.

2. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

I'm giving it a resounding "meh"

She is very good, and I liked Kicks.
    Jumpin' Jack Flash was surprisingly fun.

3. barnabyjames1

barnabyjames1 Forum Resident

Good luck finding a reasonably priced one, they go for big $$$ now.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. barnabyjames1

At least 5 different color versions so far:

Gold(That sold out first @ 1000 copies)
    Grape/black swirl(SO-sold out)
    Gold/black swirl(SO)
    Blue/white swirl
    Silver/black(Target Exclusive)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

just got my Gold vinyl in the mail yesterday.
    and then i have the Target exclusive ordered.

that's enough copies for me

Matthew Tate and barnabyjames1 like this.
  6. barnabyjames1

Lucky man! I wanted the gold, but it sold out literally hours after I tried purchasing it(no idea if you wish to sell it or are a "flipper"), but you can get some nice $$$ for the gold copy, should you decide to sell it. Plus IMO, I think the "Target Exclusive" version is going to be really valuable too(the FYE version of Origins, vol 1 you can't touch for under $100).

7. MechanicalAnimal6

I'm no flipper, just a fan that bought it as soon as i got the email to pre order it for the Gold Version.

I guess the Target ones are held up right now due to the fires in California, causing delays in either manufacturing and/or shipping them out. I was told it could be a little while until those ship out, but i see it's totally sold out for any more online orders. I just hope i still get mine!

I'm not one of those people that needs to have every single color and stuff, but for some artists, i need at least 1 vinyl and 1 cd for their new releases and then some of these exclusives always get me to double dip here and there.

Always thought about being one of those flippers, but at the same hand, i feel bad for just the "regular joe" that is just trying to get a copy for themselves (which is what i am) and then when myself or others can't get one at all, then i feel kind of mad/sad.

Just like the band Tool, with their last album. There was a TON of people that couldn't find a copy at their stores, but my local Target had about 12 copies when i went there on release date and i thought about buying them all and selling them for almost double, but then i thought that would be too mean and wrong to do....i'm just not that type of guy.

8. barnabyjames1

That's probably why my 2 copies are "delayed" & the 4 different Targets I went to in the Pasadena, Alhambra, Monrovia areas, not only had ZERO copies of the records, but also ZERO CDs. The guy @ one of the Pasadena stores, said they had a lot of p\/%=# off people he said, that are looking for both & none have copies. :( He also told me to never buy anything like "Target Exclusive" records online, as he says they(Target)ALWAYS gets at least a few copies of each release in the store.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. MechanicalAnimal6

definitely not true about Target always getting copies of their own exclusive stuff.

i have gone to my local store TONS of times and they didn't have anything, last one was for a band called "Grey Daze", and then when Steve Perry came out with his newest solo album with the Target exclusive cd and vinyl, my store didn't get any of either, so i had to order those online as well. Same with The Who and i know a few others. My store didn't get the exclusive Marilyn Manson vinyl either....too many times to mention, so that message from your friend is totally incorrect.

Matthew Tate and barnabyjames1 like this.
  10. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Is it the only Stones cover you heard by any chance?

Curveboy and Matthew Tate like this.
  11. barnabyjames1

Yeah, Im sure they don't always get copies either. I think the dude was fibbing.

MechanicalAnimal6 likes this.
  12. Chew

Chew Casual Stalker

The gold/black version was the one they put up first for pre-sale that sold out the first day (at least that was the pic they showed). I ordered that, but got opaque gold version instead. I'm ok with that. I have NO intention of buying them all.

barnabyjames1 and Matthew Tate like this.
  13. barnabyjames1

You got the better of the 2, yours is apparently much harder to get than the b/g swirl

14. Use_Your_Koala

Use_Your_Koala Forum Resident

I've bought the CD version yesterday. I'm about halfway through the album, will post my thoughts later ! :)

Matthew Tate and Curveboy like this.
  15. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

Pretty fun promo video:

Can someone ask the animator to make a 30 minute animated version of "Kiss Meets The Phantom Of The Park? I might actually watch that!

16. barnabyjames1

So has anyone received their vinyl copies yet? Any Target ones yet?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  17. MechanicalAnimal6

Yeah...i got my gold copy from Eone right away and i got my Target exclusive vinyl probably 3 weeks ago or so now...

barnabyjames1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.