ACE RECORDS (England) - any Canadians buy directly from them?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by John B Good, Aug 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

If so, how was it?

2. John B Good

Thought I might go ahead, and report back, eventually.

But the site is very hard to understand. But I eventually found this (after being deadended at the Shop tab.) "You need to register as a member to save items and also for the shopping process. The registration process is for your convenience only."

I get the impression that they do serve overseas customers, but there is some klutziness involved. The site has a bad habit of dropping a huge menu without much info on it that hides the thing I want to see :(

Well, I registered, saved 2 items, but so far cannot find the way forward to order. :(

3. Curious, have you tried any local/CDN shops? Ace records are here in Toronto. I mean new Ace LP's are being stocked here in Toronto.

John B Good likes this.
  4. John B Good

I come across a few of their cds locally, but mostly get them from Amazon.Ca. In that case, it is usually from a 3rd party seller, and I never know where the seller is, they don't usually have any tracking, etc.

So I wanted to see whether I might get them directly from Ace. But so far, that doesn't seem possible.

5. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

I was at a record show once in Lancaster PA (it's a monthly affair actually, but there was only one occasion I saw this), and the show had stretched to an extra room in the basement of the motel that always hosted it. Last table of dealers, there was a fella who had perhaps the largest collection of ACE (and oddly, I don't recall seeing any Kent) discs on one table...practically took up the whole table, and maybe over 90 titles. :eek:

Unfortunately I was out of the Oldies radio business at that point, and I had a pretty huge collection of good sources for Various-Artist CD's to begin with...and, they all seemed to be over $15 a pop, so...:(

6. john hp

john hp Forum Resident

I can only speak as someone in the UK, but I've not found any difficulty in ordering from Ace's site (although I've never used the "saved" option). Clicking on the "Buy from Ace" box on the page relating to the release should place the item in the "Basket"; following which the procedure is similar to other online sites.

7. John B Good

It stymied me. But I have too many cds anyway. :)

Some of them can be found on Amazon UK, but I see shipping costs of 19 Pounds for an 11.5 Pound cd :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.