Ace UK: Chartbusters Vol.2 (1963-1969)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bob Lovely, Jun 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John B

John B Once Blue Gort,<br>now just blue.

Thanks for taking the trouble to start this thread Bob. It's a big help for me and I'm sure many others to be able to get your analysis and all of the other feedback. My aim is to make wise purchases so thanks again.

John

2. sgb

sgb Senior Member

Re: Re: Re: Ace UK: Chartbusters Vol.2 (1963-1969)

That must have been a pretty smart fella, Pat;)

That's where I got mine too.

3. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam Thread Starter

Re: Re: Ace UK: Chartbusters Vol.2 (1963-1969)

John,

Thanks! I believe detailed reviews serve a great purpose here versus a simple "it sounds pretty good". I enjoy sharing my findings with my fellow Forum members and new found friends. Sharing of knowledge is the key, I love sharing and learning new information.

Bob :)

4. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat

Steve,

I couldn't find "Changin' Times" listed in your site Razor & Tie discography. Did I just miss it or is there an inside joke to which I am not privy as a relatively new member?

5. Angel

Angel New Member

No, it's real. Of course.

Steve asked Holy Zoo to add it to his discography but he must have forgot.

Can't rag on him too much about it, after all, this entire site is his doing!

6. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat

Thanks Angel and thanks Holy Zoo .... I think this is a great site! Not being a technical or industry person ... just a lover of 50's and 60's music, I am not always sure what some people are talking about, but I enjoy learning new information about the music and how it was and is produced.

Now for the important stuff ... where can I see a track listing for "Changin' Times" and is it OOP?

7. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Bob, I agree with you on every song! I compared "Spooky" to the new EMI CD on Taragon. I was very impressed with the bass response on the Chartbusters CD, Much more bottom end than on the EMI CD. Very noticeable! Yet, the EMI CD is essential for the extended ending.

8. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

I believe the second (wide) mix was done by Vic Anesini, with Bob Irwin producing. I might be wrong, since it was done (apparently) before the rest of the reissues, but...

The first (narrow) mix was done by Jim Dickson and Lawrence W. Wendelken, for the "Never Before" set, produced by Nick Shaffran and Bob Hyde.

9. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam Thread Starter

Luke,

Thanks for sharing the info!

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.