Acoustic Sounds Blue Note 50% off Analogue Productions

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Ron Jones, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

When I first checked there were a little over 200 total on sale—like 218 or 219? So if there are more than that now, there’s your answer!

Twinsfan007 and hvbias like this.
  2. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

I managed to get my Oppo working tonight! With the savings & the ability to play; I am deciding between another order here; or the Porcupine Tree rarities collection at Bandcamp with the UK-USA Exchange rate all the way down to 1.18 to $1.00

PhantomStranger likes this.
  3. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

well, I used some mental creative accounting and wound up getting all of the missing blue-notes on my list... I should be set for awhile, thanks all!

hutlock likes this.
  4. moomoomoomoo

There are 9 in my cart.

5. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

11 in my cart, will probably add one more.

After listening to parts of the Julie London and Otis Redding albums on YouTube I think I’ll skip both.
    I realized last night that Nuthin’ Fancy is the only Skynyrd album I don’t own, so that will be #12

6. SOONERFAN

SOONERFAN Forum Resident

Any other essential AP RCA Living Stereo SACD hybrids I should jump on?

7. moomoomoomoo

NF is my fav Skynyrd studio album.

8. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

No idea how it slipped by me all these years.
    I even have the post crash studio albums like 1991, The Last Rebel, Endangered Species, Twenty etc.
    But not NF
    :shrug:

9. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

Gaite Parisienne and Scheherazade are the only ones I've compared against BMG SACDs. Lalo Symphonie Espagnole (Szeryng) has exceptional sound and performance, I've listened to this disc a lot. Reiner/Prokofiev Lt. Kije - this is one of Harry Pearson of TAS all time favorite recordings, the AP is superb, gives up nothing to the ultra expensive early stamper vinyl and is actually more dynamic. Even the performance is full blooded Russian style.

I really like the BMG discs, what I wrote in an old thread- Analogue Productions RCA Living Stereo SACD . I have less experience with the AP, just the four mentioned above.

Just one more opinion someone another hifi forum whose ears I really trust subscribes to all of AP vinyl and SACD releases, he said in general he likes the AP SACDs more. I have high expectations for these incoming discs based off that and my level matched comparisons. My gut feeling and why I dropped a ton of money on them is I think it's not really audiophile style mastering by fiddling around with EQ, just humble transparency to the masters.

10. snowwhat

snowwhat Forum Resident

I went in for 8 more SACDs - 4 Blue Note, 2 Prestige, 2 Impulse. I know from experience that the AP Blue Notes are a significant improvement on the 80s BN CDs but I haven’t heard the Prestige/Impulse APs so testing the waters with those.

Swordsandchains likes this.
  11. hutlock

I just completed my collection of the 25 Impulse SACDs and I can report that they do indeed sound great.

Did you buy Prestige mono or stereo? I have way more of the mono titles (and I think there were only one or two stereo titles in the sale?) but again, they sound fantastic. Report back when you play them—we are all bored as hell here! Lol

12. snowwhat

snowwhat Forum Resident

I will! I'm sure they'll be great. For Prestige, I got two Jackie McLean monos - "Lights Out" and "Jackie's Pal" - since OJC CDs of those titles cost about the same as the sale-priced SACDs.

hutlock likes this.
  13. hutlock

Nice—those are two I don’t have yet so I anxiously await your take on them!

14. farewelltransmission

farewelltransmission Forum Resident

Anyone know if the Neil Young remasters from 2009 will be repressed (LINK)? I missed out on After The Gold Rush, which is showing as back ordered. I guess I'm wondering if I pay for it if there's even a chance I'll get a copy.

Also very open to any other quality all-analogue pressings that folks here might recommend!

15. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

I’m amazed how fast they’re still shipping, ordered Sunday shipped Tuesday got it today

hutlock likes this.
  16. hutlock

I ordered Friday and got it Monday! That’s INSANELY fast!

17. Admerr

Admerr Forum Resident

They really set the bar high in both quickness and quality packing. I ordered 6 records last Thursday and they showed up Sunday in an absolute tank. They always impress.

hutlock likes this.
  18. moomoomoomoo

Down to 7.......... 2 sold out.

19. moomoomoomoo

I am such an addict. Bought 4 more which makes 8 total for round two of the sale. 17 total.

Part of why I bit is I couldn't find my Mfsl Ellington Blues in Orbit. I may have sold it when I was broke, though my Exvel sheet shows it should still be here. Oh well, APO will almost certainly sound better than MFSL!

hutlock likes this.
  20. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

i keep finding more, then i remind myself i've got no room so i dont order. then i end up ordering anyway.

SOONERFAN and Swordsandchains like this.
  21. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

2nd order placed as the credit card statement came, so wont have to pay for this order until May 21!

22. hutlock

My 2nd order is due here today and I can’t wait to spend the weekend with these! If the sale lasts until next paycheck I may just triple dip!

Swordsandchains likes this.
  23. PATB

PATB Recovering Vinyl Junkie

Just ordered some SACDs (AP Prestige, Impulse) and LPs (AP Verve and Fantasy) from the sale. I was going to wait until Sunday but was afraid you guys would have purchased all of them by then ;).

24. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

The Prestige releases sound really good, quite transparent. Tonally not dissimilar from first pressing VDJ and the good OJC CDs (quite different from the more in your face sound of DCC), and with super low noise floor. I listened to Freedom Book, this is the best this album has ever sounded, I have heard this on AP vinyl and the SACD sounds better. May sound greedy but I hope the upcoming Booker Ervin titles are also $15 at some point :hide:

I was listening to this disc this morning: Vir Dei Benedictus-Liturgy Of The Solemnity Of Saint Benedict-Hybrid Stereo SACD|Acoustic Sounds

Sounds incredible, really nice presence with the singing and a period organ that sounds like how you'd expect it to in a church.

moomoomoomoo likes this.
  25. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I got a nice box from them yesterday with about 7 titles on vinyl. There are a lot of SACD titles I would like to have, I am about 6 short of having filled my AP Blue Note box that holds 25 of the titles. Of the ones I don't have 4 are on sale so I will probably get those (some that are on sale I have as AP vinyl so I am holding off on double-dipping for now.) There are also several that are interesting from other labels like some of the Miles Davis, the Otis Redding, or some Prestige titles (what is the quality of those Mini LP jackets - anything like the Japanese ones?)
    I might try to figure out which ones are most likely to sell out and have me regret not moving them to the front of the line - some of those Blue Notes although great may be more apt to be around longer.

I just need to space these orders out a bit I am doing ok right now during this isolation thankfully but who knows what is coming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.