Acoustic Sounds Blue Note 50% off Analogue Productions

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Ron Jones, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

The Prestige mini-LP jackets are about the same as the MoFi mini-LP jackets, perhaps a tiny bit thicker cardboard? Pretty sharp graphics, fairly sturdy feeling.

floyd likes this.
  2. hutlock

Getting ready to go in for a third time and I’m wondering...

I already own the MoFi SACD of Miles Davis’ Steamin’ and the original AP SACD version of Cookin’ done by Doug Sax.

Has anyone done a direct comparison between the above versions and the current AP SACD versions featured in this sale? I don’t like to double up but the price is right and if these new ones are an improvement... I might post this in the Music Corner as well just to see if anyone there has compared.

3. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

i have the AP Gold CD box of these titles and i was wondering the same about these SACDs

4. hutlock

Crimson Witch likes this.
  5. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

If you have a quality SACD player, any half decently mastered SACD will beat a 44/16 cd in SQ.

PhantomStranger likes this.
  6. Swordsandchains

I just have a Sony universal player. Maybe one day ill be able to afford one of those Marantz $3000 ones...

7. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

No, it is completely dependent on mastering.

8. geddy402

geddy402 Forum Resident

They weren’t on sale but I ordered Bossa Nova Soul, Midnight Blue, and Sonny Rollins on Impulse. They were all limited stock and figured I’d pull the trigger at 15% off. I added Buddy Holly and Sonny Boy Williamson for good measure...

9. BRush

BRush Senior Member

Just received 2 orders. Played a couple so far,
    The Booker Ervin Freedom Book is a classic & sounds great.
    Elmo Hope’s informal Jazz is fantastic. I bought it because it features both Hank Mobley & John Coltrane, along with Paul Chambers & Philly Joe Jones. I’d never heard of this lp, but it’s a lot of fun

hvbias and Greenmonster2420 like this.
  10. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

The Ted Nugent 45 rpm set is unreal...…..Stranglehold on one side alone!

Great deal for $35

11. Abhijit Nath

Abhijit Nath Forum Resident

Why is the Blue Note box back up to $50? Or am I the only one seeing this?:(

MikeJedi likes this.
  12. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Bought Today and Now by Hawkins. SACD 15.00

Hawkins Encounters Webster SACD 15.00

Ellington /Hodges. Back to Back SACD 15.00

and Ella And Louis SACD along with Ellington meets Hawkins 45 RPM on discount

I couldn’t resist. Too good of a sale to pass these gems up. Time for some new stuff I didn’t have As I have a majority of the Blue Notes already in SACD and 45 RPM.

moomoomoomoo likes this.
  13. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Yeah I noticed .. they pumped up the price massively. Ugh. I snatched it when It was 5.00. I don’t know why they do that crap on a clearance item. ! I meant I can see it being maybe 20 or something. But 50 is nuts

14. Abhijit Nath

Abhijit Nath Forum Resident

Sigh- yeah, was thinking of picking up 2. Oh well. If some kind soul ordered extras and wouldn't mind letting go of them, do let me know!:)

15. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

the 15% off is back to 10 today...i kept going back n forth on what non clearance titles i wanted and missed it.

16. Swordsandchains

they were only $5 for the first couple days of the first sale before going up, i assumed it was a typo, so i ordered 2 for the entire series

hutlock and MikeJedi like this.
  17. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Added. Shelly Manne 234 impulse Sacd to my order.. never heard that one and it had the Hawk and Eddie Costa on vibraphone and congas. For 15 more dollars a bargain !!!!!

18. hutlock

Been that way for at least a month. They were down to $5, then $25, now back up to full price. I grabbed mine when they were $5. Seems like that was a good move given how they made them full price again now.

MikeJedi likes this.
  19. SOONERFAN

SOONERFAN Forum Resident

How are those Impulse Coleman Hawkins solo titles from an album standpoint? Do you consider them essential Coleman Hawkins? I have the one with Ellington and the Verve disc with Ben Webster but none of the Impulse Coleman Hawkins solo discs.

MikeJedi likes this.
  20. hutlock

Do you like those? I’m not really an expert in the Hawk but I do very much enjoy the Impulse titles, as well as the other two you mentioned. His tone is just sooooooo good and he tends to stick to pretty straight material so if you like those, chances are you will like these too. I would recommend them.

MikeJedi and SOONERFAN like this.
  21. SOONERFAN

SOONERFAN Forum Resident

I have not heard the two solo titles I asked about. I love the other two that I mentioned which I do have.

22. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

I like all 3 of the Hawkins. I don't consider them essential, but I like them. Ordered Conferees in my 2nd purchase, as my budget Italian cd has great sound, so I imagine the SACD may be stunning.

Tjazz and SOONERFAN like this.
  23. hutlock

Oh sorry, I was confusing there... I was only asking about the two you had heard! Sorry about that.

SOONERFAN likes this.
  24. This Heat

This Heat Forum Resident

Still waiting on my first big order from the sale. Tracking says it is delayed :shake:

25. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

I was listening to Freedom Book a few days ago, great sound! So much resolution.

@SOONERFAN Sibelius Symphony 5 (Gibson/LSO) is another great Living Stereo release from AP. Sony BMG did not reissue this album.

SOONERFAN likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.