Acoustic Sounds Blue Note 50% off Analogue Productions

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Ron Jones, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

I literally bought all I could afford (& a few I couldn't!) What a sale!

Tjazz, PATB and Crazysteve like this.
  2. ispace

ispace Senior Member

“Your shipping costs will be determined after your order is processed“ for shipping to Australia?? Can someone give me an idea of the cost for ~7 SACDs?

3. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

International postage is VERY expensive in the USA. It's gone up at least 500% since 1999.

4. Marko K

Marko K Forum Resident

Around 100 USD. Im not kidding.

ispace and moomoomoomoo like this.
  5. ispace

ispace Senior Member

Are you serious?? That’s more than the cost of the albums. No sale.

6. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

it wont be $100 for 7 sacds, probablylike half of that $50-60 via priority (has tracking and insurance). Could probably get first class but no tracking or insurance for $40-50

7. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I hear you. If you were to ask me that question my answer would be the same: it will be a while. My backlog is ridiculous .
    Doesn’t stop me from buying more though LOL

8. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

I can strongly recommend the AP SACD for Coltrane's Lush Life, this is the best this album has ever sounded. I know it's not a great Coltrane album (that piano solo that goes on forever in title track) but I still enjoy it.

hutlock, Crazysteve and PATB like this.
  9. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

The Soultrane SACD is also excellent, though I know some prefer some of the older masterings on that one. This one suits me just fine.

hvbias likes this.
  10. PATB

PATB Recovering Vinyl Junkie

All these posts about Soultrane made me take a break from listening to my newly-ripped SACD's and spin my AP Prestige LP reissue. Sounds good to me and, based on my experience with other AP Prestige SACD's, I am confident the on-sale $15 SACD is just as good.

[​IMG]

11. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

As tempted as I am by the mono Prestige series, so many were released by DCC.
    Are they a significant upgrade?

zongo likes this.
  12. Swordsandchains

Just placed my 4th order from the sale by snagging the Norah Jones SACD box

Galley, MikeJedi, PATB and 2 others like this.
  13. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

I keep going back and forth- have 20 Jazz sacd and 10 AP 45 rpm vinyl titles in my cart. Think I will grab the vinyl titles first- Ellington, Hodges, Hawkins, etc.

14. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

I agree on Soultrane. It was my first time hearing this disc of Lush Life so I mentioned it.

I can compare Soultrane if you want.

The one that sounds very different to me is the DCC CD of Saxophone Colossus. The Japan first VDJ, AP SACD and Tape Project tape all sound not too dissimilar, the DCC has a forward/aggressive sound to it. FWIW I tried to figure out why the DCC jazz sound like that, SH stayed mum :shh: : SH Spotlight - I'm asked stuff: Favorite mastering engineer, best BOSTON CD, best TRAVELING WILBURYS CD, etc..

With how much better my system has got in those two years (mostly room treatment in one room and moving speakers to a huge open plan living room in another house) I'm not as confident the DCC would still be my go to. Still very good sounding discs, I'd normally only be upgrading my favorite albums but I did in the case of Lush Life as it was hard to pass up at $15.

Blair G. and PATB like this.
  15. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

Red Garland can NEVER play too long. :)

IMO, it's the sax guys that sometimes don't know when to quit.

Swordsandchains likes this.
  16. This Heat

This Heat Forum Resident

I too placed a 4th order! That makes 20 SACDS in total. I keep telling myself only 5 that I really want!

Crazysteve likes this.
  17. Swordsandchains

I just say 4 orders but dont say how many were in each order haha

Crazysteve, hutlock and This Heat like this.
  18. hutlock

I only did two, but the smaller of them was 10 titles...

19. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

First order was 8 (would’ve been 12 if 4 of the discs in my cart hadn’t reverted to full price), second order will be 7 Verve’s for sure, might add a Prestige while I’m at it

20. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

It doesn't sound like the most inspired or imaginative solo to me, that is my main gripe about it being so long. IMHO if this was on Blue Note Alfred Lion would have had them do a shorter take.

21. plateofpasta

plateofpasta Forum Resident

I'm somewhat new to the Jazz world but would love to hear some recommendations for must haves that are found in this sale.
    Thanks in advance!

MikeJedi, Crazysteve and scotti like this.
  22. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Welcome and be careful, because IMO, Jazz is the most addictive genre of any form of music. You might want to give a bit of feedback as to what artists you like already and the styles as well. So many members here that are very well educated and can help give you plenty of great advice, and you will indeed receive just that...

edit - one more thing I wanted to add, is that we all have fun learning and sharing from each other, but that can be a bit $$$, if you know what I'm saying...

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    Dignan2000, MikeJedi, hutlock and 2 others like this.
  23. hutlock

Welcome!
    Are you shopping for vinyl or SACD? Plenty of good ones on both formats...

scotti likes this.
  24. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Just got more sale SACDs !! Couldn’t resist. Salt and Pepper Impulse. Coleman Hawkins and Confreres Verve. And Coleman Hawkins Wrapped Tight Impulse. 15.00 each. ;)

scotti and hutlock like this.
  25. hutlock

Thankfully I already have the Jazz SACDs left in the sale... otherwise I would go back and buy more too. I haven’t gotten through all of what I purchased but so far there isn’t a dud in there.

Dignan2000 and MikeJedi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.