Acoustic Sounds Blue Note 50% off Analogue Productions

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Ron Jones, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

I did a mass exodus of thread unsubscribes a while back to spend less time online; have Acoustic Sounds done another one of those $15 SACD sales on either classical or Prestige jazz discs? I do like that when I login to browse SACDs the page tells you if you've ordered it already, neat feature! Thanks.

2. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

no recent sales of that nature, hoping one pops up soon especially with the recent blue note announcements

Blair G., hvbias and Twinsfan007 like this.
  3. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

Agreed. Im hoping that they do another 50% off sale for Black Friday. Especially with, like you said, the recent BN announcement

hvbias, Nephrodoc and Swordsandchains like this.
  4. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

Thank you, I missed this Blue Note announcement, do you mind elaborating? Hoping for some avant-garde mid/late 60s discs.

SOONERFAN likes this.
  5. Swordsandchains

hvbias, Twinsfan007 and Strummergas like this.
  6. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

They are also now charging sales tax on physical media (10.2% for me). So far, no tax on downloads. Also, they're current 10% off promotion requires a $99 minimum purchase. I was going to but the Hendrix AYE, but at this point I'm going to wait & see how much Amazon charges.

7. thatguy1976

thatguy1976 Forum Resident

They started charging tax for me too. I understand because almost every web retailer does also, but I was ordering a lot more from Acoustic Sounds because of the no tax, 10% and free shipping over $49. Now I am buying way less from them and buying the majority of my music from the occasional Buy 2, Get 1 Free Target sales and 20% off $60+ from importCDs on eBay. Much better deals!

8. Swordsandchains

the tax started on Oct. 1, and it was great when they werent charging it. But im sure its much better to have to charge and lose some customers than have the government and start looking at books...ill still get AP releases direct from them but other stuff probably not.

Ódoligie and thatguy1976 like this.
  9. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

10. darbelob

darbelob Senior Member

I have been checking the Acoustic Sounds website daily and 15 percent off is on. Picked up SACDs by the Beach Boys, Santana and gotta try that Best of James Gang. All $25.50 after discount and free shipping if you get over $50.

George P likes this.
  11. Swordsandchains

you have to spend $99 to get discount. Only thing i really want is Hendrix - AYE SACD but theres nothing else i really need and with so many other sales this time on year, this sale will be taking a back seat

12. moomoomoomoo

Yes, they are doing a $49 on free ship sale; but for me add 10.2% sales tax. And the website states $99 minimum for the 15% off. I wish they would have done the sale earlier, and I would have gotten AYE from them. FYI: AYI is not nearly as good sounding as Axis. The mono is awful, & the stereo is really thin: i.e. very little bass.

13. darbelob

darbelob Senior Member

Not sure how I dodged the sales tax bullet, but no tax added to my order going to Florida.

14. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

Gotta be something coming. They always seem to do their BF sale late on Friday

15. Swordsandchains

florida doesnt have sales tax, AS only charge tax for states that have sales tax

hutlock and moomoomoomoo like this.
  16. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

Well, we Texans have avoided the AS sales tax travesty.

17. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

Florida does have sales tax. Most websites do charge sales tax for FL orders, but AS doesn’t.

18. beyondmiles

beyondmiles Forum Resident

Grabbed the Wonderful Sounds of Christmas and a bunch of Sam Records titles I didn’t have. Been waiting for this for a while, though the sales tax is hurting me (10.1% in Seattle).

Davidmk5 likes this.
  19. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

Brother, if you can afford to live in Seattle...

20. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

LOL!

hvbias likes this.
  21. moomoomoomoo

Wow, ST is lower in Seattle than in Tacoma??!! (10.2%)

22. beyondmiles

beyondmiles Forum Resident

I actually did a double take and in Shoreline where I’m at, it’s 10.2%. And even crazier, nearby Lynnwood is 10.5%!!

23. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

There are some crazy examples since sales tax is made up of the state tax (6.5%) + local tax.

The part of Bothell that's in King County is 10.0% vs. the part of Bothell that's in Snohomish County where it's 10.4%

Woodinville is 10.0% unless you shop in the part of the city that's not in the RTA (Regional Traffic Authority) then it's 8.6%

beyondmiles likes this.
  24. moomoomoomoo

Glad to see so many fellow Washingtonian's.

Unfortunately (possibly other than Puerto Rico) we have the highest sales tax in the USA. That's why I complain about paying tax AND shipping on internet orders so frequently.

beyondmiles likes this.
  25. Swordsandchains

My mistake, ppl always told me FL doesnt have a sales tax. Maybe im thinking of a different tax

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.