Acoustic Sounds Blue Note 50% off Analogue Productions

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Ron Jones, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

I consult with a number of mail order companies. Sales tax is hit or miss by state, depending on the number of sales they make to customers in that state, as well as the total dollar volume of all sales into that state. Oh, and each state has its own rules, nothing is uniform. It's a real cluster phuk.

2. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

You were probably thinking of state income tax, which FL doesn’t have.

3. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

The tax issue with sites like Acoustic Sounds has to do with whether state law requires online merchants to charge their customers, and pay to the states, sales tax. There was a Supreme Court opinion a few years back that recognized it's constitutional for State A to collect states sales tax from an online merchant located in State B. Since that decision came down, many more states have passed laws to collect that tax. Think of it as sales tax law catching up with the internet age. Of course, not every state has passed such a law, so some customers get off easier. The online retailers don't want to have to deal with the tax laws of the several states, but there's no getting around it where the laws have been passed.

Biff Jones likes this.
  4. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

Really weak sauce on the sales Acoustic Sounds, as GOB would say come on!

They do have some deals on Van den Hul cables; these have a nice natural sound (I think they are pure copper and not silver plated copper) and not a "hifi etched sound". There is a rotating banner on the homepage you can click on that has a listing of all their discounted audio equipment.

Anyone that follows that Prestige stereo SACD series know if any new titles have come out since their last $15 sale? This series feels like it has been going on for years on end.

5. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I don’t think so, sadly. I wonder if we will ever get the last few titles. Sigh.

hvbias likes this.
  6. Briskit

Briskit “I don’t know karate, but I know ka-razy!”

Been keeping my powder dry for days, waiting to see if Chad's going to throw us a bigger bone...
    Maybe Cyber Monday?

Twinsfan007 likes this.
  7. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

I hope so....I was at least expecting them to "blow out" their BN 45 vinyl with what's coming down the line

Briskit likes this.
  8. floyd

floyd Senior Member

It would be nice if they did another “blow out” sale. I wonder though if they need to from their point of view. During these last months it seems like they sold out of many of their audiophile records. Naturally with pressing plants closed or on minimal production they were not getting new stuff in so that did not help.
    I made a pretty good size Acoustic Sounds order the other day and a stronger sale for cyber Monday may prompt me to make another good order.

9. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

Did they do a Cyber Monday sale last year? I don’t remember one. Their next sale is usually over the Christmas holiday.

10. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

Well, I guess they are having a Cyber Monday! 20% off preowned from the vault

11. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

weak

Blair G. and FWatty like this.
  12. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

Yes, the few items I’ve ordered from The Vault, grading was hit or miss

johnt23 likes this.
  13. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

was hoping for a better sale, their used stuff is a tad overpriced IMO

14. Swordsandchains

15PERCENT code still works for regular stuff

15. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

More than a tad honestly.

Dignan2000 and superstar19 like this.
  16. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

i was being polite :D

17. farewelltransmission

farewelltransmission Forum Resident

I'll give AS some props. I took advantage of the 15% off promo and placed an order on Nov. 24, and even with the holiday I received the box yesterday, on Nov. 30. A fun order too - filling some holes with relatively inexpensive but quality pressings!

$ 16.98 The Jayhawks / Hollywood Town Hall
    $ 22.08 Willie Watson / Folksinger Vol. 2
    $ 29.74 Miles Davis Quintet / 'Round About Midnight
    $ 18.68 Grateful Dead / Anthem Of The Sun 1971 Mix
    $ 21.23 Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers / Damn The Torpedoes
    $ 21.23 Neil Young / Harvest Moon

Crazysteve likes this.
  18. Briskit

Briskit “I don’t know karate, but I know ka-razy!”

I snagged Sonny Rollins - “Our Man in Jazz” / Classic Records 4 x 45rpm with 20% vault discount. Listed as sealed but then details said Mint minus unsealed. I’ll guess we’ll see. Not my favourite Rollins album, and will probably sell it on, but never had a single sided classic release before. Looking forward hearing what it’s like.

timzigs likes this.
  19. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

It's a rather under rated album from Rollins. He says he didn't like that more avant-garde period of his life which is why I assume many people overlook them but I don't think he was assessing himself fairly as his music from that period is (to me) really good and creative. East Broadway Run Down is another one of his greats.

Briskit likes this.
  20. johnt23

johnt23 Forum Resident

Yeah, my experience too. A few listed as mint minus were more like VG+.

21. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

Now that they charge Tax for us California folks, the sale is less appealing. Regardless, I still pulled the trigger on a few AP titles.

bmusic likes this.
  22. Swordsandchains

I know we just had one but anyone know when they usually run the next 15% sale this time of year? I of course found soem stuff inwant after the sale thats not 10% eligible but will be for 15% sales...sigh

23. Swordsandchains

Anyone know if there will be a a xmas or NYE sale?

24. George P

George P Notable Member

Black Friday was/is the Xmas sale.

Swordsandchains and hutlock like this.
  25. Swordsandchains

Do you know when we can expext the next sale then? Cant imagine wed have to wait until Memorial Day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.