Acoustic tweaks?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by pigmode, Feb 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pigmode

pigmode Active Member Thread Starter

Anyone using Bass traps absortion/reflection panels etc?
    What are you using, why, and what were the effects? I'm realizing that my small listening roon needs help, but we're talking about some semi-serious buckeroos.

2. treat the room, but don't blow your savings

I use painted 12" x 12" egg cartons to tune whatever room I'm using. The corners take 3 each, and primary reflection points on the side walls and ceilings get the touch too.

I think this makes a huge difference, about as much as the distance you choose to move your speakers out from the wall behind them.

Before I began doing this (18 years ago), I'd blow out my hearing for the day with reflected treble after a scant 30 mins of listening. Everything was a blur.

3. pigmode

pigmode Active Member Thread Starter

My speakers have a pretty good bass response but it sounds confused at times. That's why I was thinking bass traps. My tiny room is also fairly live, although the speakers are a tad forward.:( They have aluminum domed tweeters.

4. Richard Feirstein

Richard Feirstein New Member

Location, location , location. Think "speaker location". Just a few inches away from the walls and especially the corner and floor can make a world of difference.:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.