Actress Lynne Thigpen has died suddenly

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chris R, Apr 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

This happened one month ago, on March 12th, but I didn't hear or read anything about it. I found out at the media screening of Anger Management, Wednesday evening. The mention of her passing is right at the very end of the credits, as opposed to at the end of the movie, where you tend to see most "In Memory" tags. So it got me thinking that this must have just happened. Sadly it did.

I know her mostly from her role as Judge Ida Boucher on Law and Order. CBS Television has suspended the filming of "The District", the current TV show she was on.

Lynne Thigpen was reported to be in very good health at the time of her death. She died suddenly of a heart attack.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/district/passing_lthigpen.shtml

Very sad. :(

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Awww.... :( And in perfect health too!

3. Gardo

Gardo Audio Epistemologist

I love her work in the movie version of Godspell. Truly a wonderful talent. R.I.P.

4. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

I wonder if she is any relation to Ed Thigpen, jazz bassist? (Wasn't he w/ Oscar Peterson in the 60's?)

5. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

I read about her death in the LA Times over a month ago. That was the only mention I ever saw. She went quickly which is a blessing.

6. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

This scares me...I keep hearing of more and more people, even in their 30's, dropping from heart attacks. Must be something us almost-40's folks think about more and more...especially when my dad's side had the heart problems. (My aunt, in fact, died the same way during a bridge game...she collapsed from a massive heart attack.)

7. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

It could be due to the increased levels of stress in today's society.

8. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

I noticed this story a while ago. I remember seeing her on the old PBS kid show "Where In the World is Carmen Sandiego" and enjoyed seeing her in many other character rolls.
    A talented woman and a sad loss.
    Dan C

9. Kym

Kym Former Resident

Perhaps my favorite role of hers was the DJ in The Warriors!

Stay tuned, boppers! :)

10. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

I just recently rented Novocaine (Steve Martin) in which she had a part.

11. AKA

AKA Senior Member

I'll always remember her as The Chief in the "Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego?" game show that was on PBS when I was a kid. Ah, memories.

12. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Awww, man! :( I just came back from that movie! I did notice the end credits mentoning this....

RIP

:(

13. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

I just watched Ron Howard's wonderful "The Paper" last night and she was in that too. Played the Michael Keaton character's secretary. As always she was great in that roll too.
    Dan C

14. lsupro

lsupro King of Ignorers

She was very good in Lean on Me...

Many prayers...

15. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

I think I was first introduced to her as Luna on Bear and the Big Blue House. She seemed a very likeable actress and will definitely be missed.

16. OcdMan

OcdMan Senior Member

She played her character on The District beautifully. Now she's gone...sad, very sad. She'll be missed. :(

17. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

Rudy, that's why my older brother 50 in June, younger brother 43, and I, 47 tomorrow, work out at the gym 4, 5, 6 days a week. We don't want to fall over one day shoveling snow in the winter. I believe our in 40s and 50s are the most vulnerable time for heart attacks among males. As I type this I have a fist-full of fresh broccoli in my hand, a cup of yogurt and a litre of bottled water. And I have an appointment with one of my trainers at the gym for next week to go over my diet, check my curent workout routine, and do an body fat test. I hope some of you are doing the same. I'd like to be here in 20, 30 years still chatting about the Beatles and stuff with you all. :) By then there will have been probably 3 or 4 new formats, such as 20.1 surround sound, that we can debate about. :laugh:
    Good memory Kym. I haven't seen that movie in years. Great role. :thumbsup: She will be missed for sure.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.