Actress Tanya Roberts R.I.P.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Glenn Christense, Jan 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

Paul McCartney was dead for a bit too. :laugh:

2. BeatlesObsessive

BeatlesObsessive The Earl of Sandwich Ness

Well she is apparently very ill... so sending out good wishes and hopes for her recovery.

Phil12, MikaelaArsenault and Sean like this.
  3. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

Great to hear she didn't pass away. I hope her condition improves and she doesn't suffer. A prayer for you Tanya. God Bless You!

4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

thanks...
    looks like we have some good news!

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

and that's still a talking subject! geez...

6. Ben Sinise

Ben Sinise Forum Reticent

What the...?

7. dlokazip

dlokazip Forum Transient

8. Gordon Crisp

Gordon Crisp Forum Resident

They're usually pretty accurate about this kind of stuff though, aren't they?

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  9. dlokazip

dlokazip Forum Transient

Sometimes yes. Sometimes no. Always vampires.

10. YardByrd

YardByrd rock n roll citizen in a hip hop world

11. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

Where did you hear that her condition is "dire?"

12. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

13. indigovic

indigovic (Taylor’s Version)

Well, looks like they finally managed to top that one!

14. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

15. MikaelaArsenault

16. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

Her boyfriend said he was told by the hospital staff she "had no hope to live" and was only allowed to go in to see her to say his final goodbyes. “When she saw me and I was there, I saw her eyes open up. I felt good. I said, ‘Hey, her eyes are opening. Her eyes are opening.’ They told me that's just a reflex”.

Amid COVID-19 surge, L.A. County ambulance crews told not to transport patients who have little chance of survival | KTLA

From Christmas Day: In L.A. County, patients in ambulances waiting as long as 8 hours before entering ERs | KTLA

17. MikaelaArsenault

Tanya Roberts' Partner Explains Why He Thought She Had Died

From TMZ:

We just spoke with Lance, Tanya's long-term partner. He tells us he went to the hospital Sunday after getting a call from doctors saying Tanya was fading fast, and it was going to end in her death.

He went to the hospital, and as he sat in her room she opened her eyes and tried to grab on to him, but her eyes closed and she "faded."

He said he was devastated and walked out of the room and then the hospital and never spoke with medical staff.

3:34 PM PT -- Tanya's rep, Mike Pingel, tells TMZ ... her domestic partner, Lance, was at the hospital Sunday when he saw Tanya's eyes close. For some reason, he says he thought she was dead so he left devastated.

What's unclear ... why did Lance think she was dead as opposed to just sleeping? Pingel does not know if Lance spoke to any medical staff before leaving and Lance isn't answering his phone now for clarification.

Pingel did tell us, he picked Lance up from the hospital and he said, "She died in my arms.

18. fr in sc

fr in sc Forum Resident

I instantly thought of Kent Brockman announcing Burns' death on the Simpsons where he was pronounced dead at the Veterans Hospital, but then they took him to a better hospital and upgraded him to alive. Unfortunately, YouTube now considers that an age-appropriate video so you have to go there to watch it, no can insert into a post here. Fiends!!! :realmad:

goodiesguy, Pinknik, Ken E. and 4 others like this.
  19. leemelone

leemelone Forum Resident

So you're saying the media reported something without verifying that it's true? Shocking!

Humbuster and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  20. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

^ Next of kin is usually a good source. Medical people not allowed to say anything unless authorized. Probably same with funeral biz. Cops would be useful, but only in cases of foul play.

I guess in future there should be a caveat. "TMZ was unable to verify the husband's claim pending personal inspection of the body."

geo50000 and swandown like this.
  21. leemelone

leemelone Forum Resident

Back when the "news" was reported by real "journalists", their policy was to verify stories before they would publish it. That meant usually having at least two independent sources. Nowadays TMZ and all the other "media" outlets are in the business of getting the story out as fast as possible in order to get as many clicks as possible that translate into as much money as possible. If it's true, that's great. If not, who cares? We made a ton of money and the truth is secondary. And we will make more money when people click on the update.

22. leemelone

leemelone Forum Resident

And now it's true. RIP Tonya.

23. FredV

FredV Senior Member

24. jimac51

jimac51 A mythical beast.

Three word headline:"Dewey Defeats Truman". How about Bush /Gore at the turn of this century? The desire to get the story first,yes, is sometimes rushed with error, often a result of reporting events in real time.

25. Graham

Graham Senior Member

They confirmed the information with her agent, who got it from her partner. It's not their fault. As a journalist who has worked in multiple news rooms, I can tell you that all publications would have run that story.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    BeatleJWOL, Muzyck, geo50000 and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.