Adam Schlesinger (Fountains of Wayne) diagnosed with Covid-19—R.I.P.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by kouzie, Mar 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident Thread Starter

Worse, he's now in a medically induced coma to help fight off the virus.

Most well know for his work in Fountains of Wayne, but he's been a pop writing/producing machine over the years with a stellar track record. His work with FoW would be noteworthy on its own. But add in what he did with Tinted Windows, the That Thing You Do soundtrack, and especially The Monkees' Good Time comeback album (among several other projects) shows how special he is.

Keeping him and his family in my thoughts.

Adam Schlesinger of Fountains of Wayne In Medically-Induced Coma With COVID-19 Symptoms

ds58, DocShipe, Dusty Sommers and 5 others like this.
  2. peopleareleaving

peopleareleaving Forum Resident

I heard the news late yesterday and find it very upsetting.

3. Has this been confirmed by outside sources? Chris Razz posted this on Facebook, Monday evening. I did not post it here, waiting for some family or doctor's confirmation.

Thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Ryan Lux and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  4. peopleareleaving

peopleareleaving Forum Resident

5. blastfurniss

blastfurniss Forum Resident

Awful news. I never really got into FoW but loved Tinted Windows. He's clearly been one of the torch bearers for the modern power pop scene. Hope he makes a quick and complete recovery.

6. vette442

vette442 Senior Member

That's disturbing not only since he's my age. He's one of my favorites from his work with Ivy (I name dropped him the other day on the '90s female fronted bands thread), the last couple Monkees albums and all of his on-the-mark movie work. Wishing him a quick recovery!

7. Sebastian saglimbenI

Sebastian saglimbenI Forum Resident

Sad news indeed!!love his outside work on the IVY albums....F.O.W. is perhaps the best power-pop band around today!!Get well soon adam!!!!

MikaelaArsenault and kouzie like this.
  8. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

52 years old and on a ventilator in critical condition...That's quite unusual. I wonder if he has other medical issues?

Disconcerting news. I hope he pulls through...A big fan of all his work...

9. skyblue17

skyblue17 Forum Resident

Appears he is not in a coma.

Variety on Twitter

I really enjoyed the Cry-Baby musical that he scored in the early aughts, and Tinted Windows was a fun project as well! Hoping for the best for him.

10. Sebastian saglimbenI

Sebastian saglimbenI Forum Resident

My favorite soundtrack work of Adam's has to be "MUSIC & LYRICS"....Great soundtrack and pretty damn good movie too.

JonUrban, SJP, kouzie and 2 others like this.
  11. RickA

RickA Love you forever Luke, we will be together again

Oh no, I love Adam's work in Fountains of Wayne, "Tinted Windows" , The Click Five and his writing and playing "The Thing You Do!"

Please get well quickly, we are all looking forward to you being back very soon.

Peace & Love!

Rick A.

12. Davido

Davido ...assign someone to butter your muffin?

The next couple of weeks are just going to be brutal it appears. Hoping that Adam Schlesinger recovers soon. Fountains of Wayne released several amazing albums in their day.

13. Brian Mc

Brian Mc Member

Good to see that he's improving. Terrible news that he got the virus

14. fictionalsounds

fictionalsounds Forum Resident

just saw that on billboard and did a double-take. an updated/edited billboard article has the same info as above, not in a medically induced coma but on a respirator. have been a fan since i got hooked on "sink to the bottom" and kept following along the different bands/tracks/projects. hope he's got a full recovery ahead!

15. rlj1010

rlj1010 Forum Resident

That Thing You Do is cursed. First Tom Hanks (though thankfully he's mostly recovered) and now this.

52 is awfully young. He must have some other condition making it worse. I hope he pulls through.

16. Overthehillsandfaraway

Overthehillsandfaraway Forum Resident

Get well soon. Fountains was pop brilliance, very talented bloke.

17. carlwm

carlwm Forum Resident

Hopefully, the ventilator will help him through the worst of the illness and he'll come through!

18. Atmospheric

Atmospheric Forum Resident

I was pretty late to the FOW party. But I was fortunate to see them on their last (and probably final) tour. They were magnificent.

It's a shame Chris and Adam had such a dreadful falling out. Together they are much more than the sum of the parts. Perhaps if Adam pulls though they might try going back to the well one more time.

19. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

Terrible news. Hope he gets better soon.

20. popscene

popscene Senior Member

Hoping for a complete, speedy recovery for Schlesinger. The world needs more of his talents.

Aside from FoW, Ivy (a band I love), and his amazing work on Good Times, let us not forget his songwriting contributions to one of the greatest Christmas specials ever, A Colbert Christmas: The Greatest Gift Of All.

21. JamesRR

JamesRR Trashcan Dream

Brilliant songwriter. Huge FoW fan and disappointed to hear. Hoping he recovers soon.

22. RJ3000

RJ3000 Forum Resident

23. Brian Mc

Brian Mc Member

No, that's terrible! May he rest in peace.

24. yamfox

yamfox Forum Resident

Tragic and horrifying :shake:

MikaelaArsenault and phillyal1 like this.
  25. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

Oh man. That is terrible news. RIP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.