Adding room treatment to a near field setup

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Nails, Feb 10, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nails

Nails Forum Resident Thread Starter

Sorry for the dim lighting, but essentially I’ve added two diffusion panels to my recently built near field setup. It’s the Vicoustic Multifuser DC3. I bought these first because they were on a 30% discount (no tax no shipping fees).

I’ll be getting more Vicoustic treatment, but would you think this is proper placement? I did not glue it, so I can adjust it if needed.

They’re centered between the speakers and the top of the speakers are in like with the bottom of the diffusion panel. Ideally I’d like to lower it, but wasn’t sure how that’d work with the monitors.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

What's up with the lighting? Are you growing pot? :D

wgb113 and Danmar like this.
  3. Nails

Nails Forum Resident Thread Starter

Haha! Yeah, I keep lighting very low when I'm listening to music. I installed the panel last night then immediately put on some low lighting and started listening.

I wanted some input prior to getting home from work, and that's the only photo I had.

4. Acousticgeek

Acousticgeek Member

Hello, I recommend that the best position for your Multifuser DC3 is like you have in the picture, above the monitors. If you lower them down you will obstruct the diffusers and lose efficiency.

If you wish to have treatment on the back of your monitors, it should be done with sound absorbers, to minimize sound reflections in low frequencies.

You could add either Cinema Round Premium or VicPattern Wavewood for this effect.

5. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

I was always under the impression that you shouldn’t be that close to diffusers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.