SH Spotlight Adventures in Mastering: First album by AMERICA on SACD for Audio Fidelity:

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Trust me, I'm SO thankful !!! 40 years of being "held prisoner " for however many hours a day is enough.

2. Myke

Sounds GREAT Steve, thank you. Y'all made the steel guitars sound awesome !

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    GroovinGarrett likes this.
  3. HAmmer

HAmmer Forum Resident

YES!!!

Your Amazon.com order of "America (Hybrid SACD)" has shipped!

dobyblue likes this.
  4. Schmeig

Schmeig Forum Resident

It sounds soooo good!

5. tommytinkroom

tommytinkroom New Member

Pre ordered mine on the September 20th from cd universe.Today they send me an email telling me it's out of stock.
    Wtf how can it be out of stock if you pre order it.

"When this product was released on 10/15/2013, we had already ordered enough copies from our vendors. However, these orders could not be fulfilled because our vendors ran out of stock.

You do not need to respond. We ask for your patience. We should receive more copies within one week. Additionally, it is very likely that other retailers are experiencing the same issues with this particular item.

If we do not receive your item by 11/4/2013, it will be cancelled. There will be no charge to you unless this item ships.

If you wish to make changes to your order, you can do so by clicking this link or by logging into your account on our website.

We realize that you have many choices for online shopping and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We appreciate your choice of CD Universe for your online shopping needs."

6. budlyte

budlyte Forum Resident

My package arrived yesterday from Amazon. Much to my dismay I opened it and found the Sarah McLachlan SACD instead of America.....

Adding insult to injury, the America disc is now out of stock on Amazon, so they are unable to send me a replacement.

7. GroovinGarrett

GroovinGarrett Mrs. Stately's Garden

It's been a while since I've said....

Mine just shipped! :pineapple:

HAmmer likes this.
  8. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

All the same stories. Not shipped, out of stock, ad naseum. Buy from AF directly. Problem solved.

fluffskul, Metralla and dobyblue like this.
  9. Myke

Not when my TOTAL price was $ 18.16 from Amazon. No thanks.

hodgo, GroovinGarrett and HAmmer like this.
  10. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

I'll take Amazon at under $19 shipped, thank you. Every $5 or $10 saved adds up for those of us who buy a couple hundred or more CDs per year.

11. audiomixer

I get mine before the street date. Always in perfect condition. No chasing after a price.

12. Myke

It's just a CD, it can wait. No chasing involved, I place a pre order, and the price drops. Always perfect condition. Also don't get music in the mail I don't want.

13. HAmmer

HAmmer Forum Resident

Plus free shipping to us prime members :righton: i can wait a few more days

trumpetplayer and Myke like this.
  14. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

First spin as I type. Home. Run. Steve really wanted us to turn this one up. Love it. Gotta use that "just right" button on the mastering machine every time!!

HAmmer likes this.
  15. Gary Freed

Gary Freed Forum Resident

Never been locked out or canceled on a music order from a third party vendor.

So much needless drama.

If it is meant to be it will be.

16. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

I'm with you. I love the service AF provides. I can understand those that deem it their God given duty to seek the lowest price possible, but that is just not for me.

fluffskul, therockman and Blair G. like this.
  17. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

Congrats MYKE! And the CD sounds great too!

18. audiomixer

I have known Marshall & Steve for decades. I just like to support the company for doing such a great job. That said, I don't mind paying a slightly higher price per disc being an AF member.

fluffskul, Steel Horse and HAmmer like this.
  19. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

I will admit that supporting the company was part of my motivation for being a member.

20. GroovinGarrett

GroovinGarrett Mrs. Stately's Garden

With free PRIME 2-day shipping. I can be patient. Like jh901 posted above, the savings equal a few more CD's in the collection.

21. audiomixer

I chase prices all the time, too. But sometimes I feel the need to support a small business & AF is a great company to support. :righton:

Lovealego and Metralla like this.
  22. Batears52

Batears52 Senior Member

My copy arrived today from Amazon. It shipped in a standard mailer. The only problem was that about 4 or 5 of the "teeth" were broken off of the jewelcase tray - easily fixed by replacing the tray. No other damge.
    I always thought that my original WB CD sounded pretty good. This album was released on CD in the time before all the craziness started in remastering - so no noise-reduction or uber-compression or anything. I was pretty happy with it. Well, that is until today!

The acoustic guitars are really ... acoustic ... with lots of resonance and deep tone - like someone is playing them right in front of you! (And keep in mind that I don't have a great system - and I listen on Senns most of the time.) Wow! I am quite literally blown away by this!

Steve, please make sure to pass along congratulations to Stephen Marsh - and how much we appreciate his dedication & hard work to get everything just right. This is truly a triumph!

And Marshall, if you're reading this - Homecoming please!! And any other America titles you can line up!

23. Greg Carrier

Greg Carrier Senior Member

Same thing happened to me. Amazon is now shipping my replacement, though.

24. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

That's an admirable thing to do and no one will ever knock you for it, that said, the only way many of us can afford these CD's & Records we want is to hunt down and take advantage of the lowest prices

Myke likes this.
  25. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I support the company by purchasing their products.

jriems and Gary Freed like this.