Aerosmith Rocks SACD is alive!

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by OE3, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay F

Jay F New Member

2. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Exactly. Other than Eddie, how many people have heard it? Remember in Dumb and Dumber, "Hey, wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?". If the Rocks SACD sounds like 45 minutes of that, it's still the only copy in existence.

3. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

That had to be expected since no one other than Eddie has heard the disc.

4. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

1) What makes this "worthwhile" for a collector, which means it could be worth more than $10.00 is that it seems to be the ONLY copy in existence. This isn't about sound quality, but about scarcity.

People pay premiums for collectible cars because they may be rare, while there are perfectly acceptable cars that will get you from point A to point B that are much less expensive and in good supply. So according to your logic why should anyone ever purchase or keep a collectible car?

2) And how do you know that someone buying this disc doesn't also buy other music. You are personalizing this disc to the fact that if YOU spent thousands of dollars on this one disc, YOU would not be able to purchase other music. The person who will most likely win and purchase this disc is doing so because they have the disposable income to allow him/her to do so.

3) Nobody selling and buying these collectible discs is taking ADVANTAGE (your words) of anybody. They are up for auction or sale, and the seller prices it and the buyer pays it... both of their own free will. I see nobody taking advantage of anyone. Nobody is forcing the buyer to pay the price HE/SHE DECIDES to pay.

4) Your assumption about how people spend their time and money is totally off base. Give us proof that people spending money on collectible discs isn't looking for new or different music. Give us proof that the time spent looking for collectible discs takes away time that same person could be using to also look for other music.

I seem to detect some jealousy here, in that you wish you had a disc that others would be willing to pay you large sums of money for, that in reality may not truly be intrinsically worth the price that will be paid.

Just an aside, I personally don't pay large sums of money for any collectible disc... not worth it to me. But I do buy lots of NEW music and guess what.... I have so much music, new and old, that I don't have the time to listen to it all. So the argument could go the other way, that the person who pays thousands for a disc you feel is worth ten dollars, may play the disc hundreds of times and enjoy each listen, while I on the other hand have thousands of discs, of which I sometimes only listen to once, because the time it would take me to listen to everything I had (and do the rest of the things I need to do in my life), would leave me no time for "living", which would mean that I have basically "wasted" my money on buying new music I really never fully enjoy.

So who is better off?? The crazy collector willing to spend thousands on one disc, or the crazy "collector" willing to spend thousands on thousands of discs that may never get the necessary time to be listened to the way they should be?

5. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Sure, it COULD, but it's a big mistake to assume it WOULD...

6. Some people are not interested at all in checking out new music. There is nothing wrong with that.

Simon A likes this.
  7. Jay F

Jay F New Member

8. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

Good luck Eddie!! Should be crazy at the end of the auction.

Pat

9. Best post of the thread!

I'm one of the people who spend lots of money on music. But, it has to be music I want to listen to, not because it is just "collectable".

I could have bought this disc from Eddie when he had it on "Buy It Now", wouldn't have been any problem at all. I didn't buy it because it isn't something I'm interested in owning. I've spent that amount, and huge sums more on individual pieces of art work, because that does interest me, both as a collector and investor in paintings.

Now, someone else with the disposable income will buy this disc because they find value in it, just like I do with other things. That's their perogative.

I hope Eddie gets what he expects and more. Complaining because someone has the ability to bid high and win this disc smacks to me more of envy than anything. I can't afford it, so I don't want somone else to have it either. Just my opinion of course.

10. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

What a strange thread. Why are people giving Eddie grief about selling this disc? Are they trying to be internet bullies or do they just not understand how eBay works? Either way seems there's some emotional damage in those posts. :rolleyes:

Good luck with the auction Eddie. I hope you get a fortune!

Simon A likes this.
  11. Oatsdad

Some people just like to tell others how to spend their money... :shrug:

12. I think some people just wish they had the money to spend. ;)

Good luck Eddie, hope the auction does really well!

13. Oatsdad

That too! :D

14. Looks like Eddie is taking it all in stride, as he should. I hope his auction tears the roof off the mothasucka! ;)

15. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I'd make a serious bid for Rocks if I had as much income as I did back when I worked full-time. It wouldn't be for the SQ! ...my bid. I think it's gonna sell for 2-4X of it's currently resting price. Good luck Eddie! Sorry, I cannot bid.... :) I might be willin' to trade ya a low-miles John Deere riding lawn mower if the auction goes to muck somehow.... :laugh:

16. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

Wasn't Mothasucka in that Japanese film versus Ga-zilla? :laugh:

17. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

Good Luck with it Eddie. All the useless debate on it's value is just a waste of forum bandwidth. You'll know what it's worth in a few days.

18. JayB

JayB Senior Member

Good luck Eddie! I hope it goes for a nice chunk of change!

19. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

I wonder if Eddie has posted info about this on Aerosmith sites and other music related forums to give it even more exposure than here. I suppose the Youtube video would get it some exposure as well. Can somebody call CNN.:laugh: Good luck with your auction.:thumbsup:

20. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

Well.... I bid $600 and knew I would be outbid but gave it a shot. :laugh:

Eddie: I notice the tray is a regular Compact Disc tray. Am I correct that it's not a SACD tray ?

21. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Gorts: Could we move this to marketplace discussions where it belongs?

22. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Sony was cheap, they used regular jewel cases.

23. Up to $710 already and over one week left to go? I am sticking with my $10,000 prediction.

24. Jay F

Jay F New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.