Aerosmith's "Train Kept A Rollin'" vs. Foghat's "Honey Hush"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by 1970, Jan 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sami

sami Mono still rules

:cheers:

2. andy749

andy749 Senior Member

McCartney did a "Honey Hush" too.

http://youtu.be/AIv5bSHpK9I

I like Foghat more than Aerosmith but in this case I gotta go with Aerosmith. It is very close though. That's the only music I own by Aerosmith...Get Your Wings. Bought it back in '74 after reading a review in Rolling Stone. "Train" is probably their best song...imo.

3. McGruder

McGruder Eternal Musicphile

This :thumbsup: Both excellent balls out rock n roll tunes, but Train Kept A Rollin was classic Aerosmith captured at their peak.

4. McGruder

I agree. I love the way Train transitions into "Seasons of the Wither". "Get Your Wings" has aways been my favorite Aerosmith album. :cheers:

Natvecal. likes this.
  5. McGruder

6. I voted for 'TKAR', although I like both songs a lot. I have to admit, the only version of Foghat's version of 'Honey Hush' I listen to, is from the 'LIVE' album.

7. wylbill81

wylbill81 New Member

Foghat , lonesome Dave Rocked..... RIP bro

sewerdog likes this.
  8. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member

When I was younger, I had absolutely no clue about this, and frankly, didn't really care. Listening to the tune these days, after many years of hearing his playing in other songs, Dick Wagner's guitar work on it is rather obvious to me now. I could pick his style out anywhere. Hunter's is a bit harder for me to identify, though, but both are great guitarists.

Oh, and TKAR by a good country mile. (Although I'm good with Foghat, too.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.