AF to do Simon & Garfunkel's Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Khojem, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

I agree, with a 25 minute album, there is room for both and why not have them both out for the historical record at this point.

2. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

I agree...but try and tell that to Paul Simon.

3. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

I have just confirmed that I won't be buying it then. Nothing against AF, but I'm not a big enough fan of it (The Vic Anesini remix is acceptable to me). I would have bought a mono gold disc however, I have a so-so mono vinyl copy of it and do like the mix. The mono Dangling Conversation/Big Bright Green Pleasure Machine 45 was one of the first singles I ever got into as a child.

4. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

All will be forgiven to Mr. Simon if AF can release that!
    He needs to realize there's a huge market for it and it will be released one day (hopefully soon).

5. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

I've heard it. I prefer the stereo.

6. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I've always been a big fan of Dangling Conversation so I will be picking this one up.

7. shnaggletooth

shnaggletooth Senior Member

How did tapes of the original PSRT stereo mix suddenly resurface a few years back?

8. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

9. monkboughtlunch

monkboughtlunch Senior Member

Folks,

This album has a run time of 29:14. The run time doesn't even crack 30 friggin' minutes!

If folks want BOTH the original stereo and mono mixes, why not explore putting both on one CD? Then everyone is happy.

It may beef up licensing costs and this gets passed on to the consumer, but I would imagine folks would pay a little more for an audiophile reissue of this nature anyway.

10. Khojem

Khojem Forum Resident Thread Starter

From what Marshall said it appears that Paul doesn't want to license the mono.

11. Andreas

Andreas Senior Member

Agreed. I would pay double price if it contained both mixes instead of just one, especially since the mono mix is rather elusive.

On the other hand, how many DCC or Audio Fidelity CDs ever had two mixes of the same album?

12. evanft

evanft Forum Resident

Pretty much. Not willing to pay 3-4x the price when there is already a great sounding CD available.

13. jackinbox

jackinbox Forum Resident

There were MFSL releases that had both stereo/mono. I'm not sure how much price difference there was though.

14. kevinsinnott

kevinsinnott Forum Coffeeologist

That's why they should issue both mixes. I can't believe that Paul Simon and the label wouldn't both benefit from increased sales, and sales would increase if they provide something previously unavailable, rather than just a slightly better mastering of the stereo mix. Am I missing something?

15. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

We want mono too! At least a couple or 4 bonus 45 single mono mixe added to the stereo cd !!

Write Marshall and request it... it worked with the BluesBreakers title. Dont fold your arms.. do it! :)

[email protected]

16. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

Marshall already weighed in on the subject; it ain't happening.

17. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

And that's why, I'm not buying it! Seriously, just the fact that they found the "original" mix of the "Stereo" album of this title, just doesn't seem worth it for me to spend another $30 bucks. Vic's remix is very, very good and he should be proud of it. I see this upcoming AF release, as for "purists" only and it's really too bad that they couldn't have worked out getting the "mono" mix, that so many of us really want, as well.

Chris C

18. At least for AF, where both an original stereo mix and mono mix are available, all of them (that would be Blues Breakers).

But it seems in this situation that it's out of AF's hands, unfortunately.

19. Propinquity

Propinquity Forum Resident

You guys are silly. Anesini is good but he is no Steve Hoffman. I predict that many of the naysayers will change their minds once reviews start flowing in. Assuming that Steve does the mastering, of course...

20. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

Huh? Is Bluesbreakers not mono only? If the stereo tracks are on it too then I may buy it after all.

21. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

It is mono only.

22. Sorry, my mistake on Blues Breakers!

23. audiodrome

audiodrome Senior Member

Nothing against Steve but Vic's work is outstanding in my book! :)

24. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

:righton:

25. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

They are both excellent.

I trust anything with their names on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.