After the Sunset

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chris R, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

My girlfriend and I went to a media screening of the latest Pierce Brosnan, Salma Hayek film After The Sunset. What a load of hooey. Glad we didnt' pay $24. to see this. Woody Harrelson was badly cast as the FBI agent. And one of America's finest actors Don Cheadle was under used in this film. I would have liked to see more of him. He was great in Traffic.

We saw the film with a full house and there were very few laughs. I only smiled and chuckled a couple of times. A few of the so called funny scenes I found a bit embarassing.

A review I read this morning nailed this film on the head. "After The Sunset doesn't know whether it wants to be a heist movie or a comedy". The heist portion of this film as I read in another review is "is so incredibly implausible that it was just stupid". There is no detail in the heist. Would have been nice to see a wee bit of that.

Folks, save your money. Wait. Rent the DVD and freeze frame on all the lovely shots of Salma in various 2 piece swim suits and the exotic locations where the film was made. About all this film is good for is the visuals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.